Secret Porthole Staterooms

Pixie Dust II

Someone asked about the secret porthole on the Disney Cruise Line and here is the iinfo:

Secret Porthole Staterooms

Want an outside stateroom at an inside cabin price? Book a "secret porthole" stateroom!

This is a little-known secret: there are six staterooms on Deck 5 that are sold as Category 10 inside staterooms, but actually are outside cabins with obstructed view portholes. By selecting one of these cabins, you will get a little natural light and possibly a slight view, while paying the lower price for an inside stateroom!

The obstruction is caused by safety equipment that has been hung in front of the portholes, and the amount by which these portholes is obstructed varies. Don't count on being able to see much. Also, be aware that there is frequently a light on all night outside the porthole, so you'll have to close your curtains tightly to keep it dark in the cabin.

Word has gotten out a bit about these staterooms, so you'll have to book well in advance to snag one. The cabins to request are 5020, 5022, 5024, 5520, 5522 and 5524. Good luck!

Someone posted these pics of 5522 and 5524 on another board. On the outside picture, the least obstructed one in front would be 5525, the one with the white bed like thing is 5522 and the one with the barrell in front is 5524.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/169990780/170509841dPfKve

http://community.webshots.com/photo/169990780/169991527yqkRPp

There are six staterooms on Deck 5 that are sold as Category 10 inside staterooms, but actually are outside cabins with obstructed view portholes. By selecting one of these cabins, you will get a little natural light and possibly a slight view, while paying the lower price for an inside stateroom!

The obstruction is caused by safety equipment that has been hung in front of the portholes, and the amount by which these portholes are obstructed varies. Don't count on being able to see much. Also, be aware that there is frequently a light on all night outside the porthole, so you'll have to close your curtains tightly to keep it dark in the cabin.

Word has gotten out a bit about these staterooms, so you'll have to book well in advance to snag one. The cabins to request are 5020, 5022, 5024, 5520, 5522 and 5524. Good luck!

We stayed in 5020 on our 7/31 cruise. What a wonderful stateroom. There is very little obstruction. The view from the porthole was amazing. We would definately book this room again.

Patti

Patti,

We're in 5020 on our next cruise and from the looks of things, this porthole is the one completely blocked by 2 barrels. Was that the case? I was happy to see that you were pleased with it. I was considering downgrading to a Cat 11 so I could stay AFT. I love deck 5 AFT.

5020? No, that is one of the LEAST OBSTRUCTED rooms! Check out the view on castawayclub.com. Also if you go to disboards.com and the dcl forum, perdidobay posted some wonderful pics of this stateroom. You can run a search their for the room # and find the thread or by this poster's name. If I were you, I wouldn't switch at all!:D

Just stayed in 5020 on the September 30 Wonder sailing. Of the 4 SPH, this one is the least obstructed. If you have children, great stateroom to have because the kids clubs are on this floor. BTW, you don't even hear the kids in the club. I would book this room again.

It was a wonderful view....Small rope in front of the window and that was it!! It probably has the best view of all of them.

I have 5520 booked for 10-15-05 and 5020 for 10-14-06...I think those are the right dates!! They are so far away...Can you believe how far you have to book to get those rooms. We wanted the end of May 2006 for the Double Castaway Cay stops and all SPR rooms were gone on the first day you could book!! UGH!! So we went with October again and I snagged one!!

They are truly the best deal!!

Michelle

Archived