conch train & Key Lime Pie

knothead

Our ship docks at 3pm ship time which is 4pm Key West time. Does anyone know if the conch train stays open late for tours on the days a ship will be in port late? Also where is a good place to get key lime pie this late in the afternoon? I like Kermit's Key Lime shoppe but I'm sure they close around five o'clock.

These are the two things I'm looking most forward too! Any advice?

For the Key Lime Pie, go to Blonde Giraffe on Duval (the 600 block). They have won awards for their pie. Their crust is different than the typical graham cracker and some believe it's the island's best. They stay open till at least 8 pm.

As for the Conch Tour Train...not sure. The last train usually departs at 4:30, but I wouldn't be suprised if they made arrangements for the ships.

If you'd like, here is the local number for the train 305-294-5161.

Best Wishes! :)

Our ship docks at 3pm ship time which is 4pm Key West time. Does anyone know if the conch train stays open late for tours on the days a ship will be in port late? Also where is a good place to get key lime pie this late in the afternoon? I like Kermit's Key Lime shoppe but I'm sure they close around five o'clock.

These are the two things I'm looking most forward too! Any advice?

I haven't heard where either the train or the trolley extend hours if ships are in port. I will say, we didn't see any of the trolley's or trains in the evening.

There are lots of places to find key lime pies around the pier area. We ended up buying from a stand that is inside of a two-story building (right next to where a Celebrity ship was docked). The building has all sorts of shops, and a kiosk in the center that sells pies (also frozen on a stick). I loved Kermit's so much, I had them ship me four pies. Yum! We didn't eat at the Blonde Giraffe, because their pies have meringue topping. We're whipped cream on top of our key lime pie lovers!

Also where is a good place to get key lime pie this late in the afternoon? I like Kermit's Key Lime shoppe but I'm sure they close around five o'clock. QUOTE]

Kermit's is open until 9 every night, unless it's raining then he closes early.

Archived