FLL Hotels????

NYCruiser24

I recommend you check the Florida Departures board. That's where I went to get info before we sailed in December (and this thread will probably be moved there anyway).

We stayed at La Quinta, Hollywood. It was ok. Got a good price, and we didnt' get in until nearly midnight, so for just somewhere to sleep, it was sufficient. They do have a free shuttle to the pier.

We stayed at the Renaissance in FLL before our cruise in April. We loved it and found it to be convenient to resturants, total wines and liquors as well as Walgreens and CVS. We'd love to stay there again and look forward to being able to cruise out of FLL in the future. It was our favorite port experience so far. Alot of people use Priceline to get the best rate possible on this hotel. We used Easyclick travel which is alot like hotwire or Expedia. Here's the hotel's link http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllbr-renaissance-fort-lauderdale-hotel/

On the morning of our cruise we went to the lobby to check into getting a taxi. They offered us a ride on the hotel shuttle for 6pp. It was a nice ride over to the port and the driver was great.

We have stayed twice at Embassy Suites on 17th street. They have free made to order breakfast and free cocktails with popcorn, pretzels etc in the evening. There are many restaurants with in walking distance and a grocery store right behind it. You can walk to the big bridge in the morning and see your ship waiting for you. We really enjoyed our stay there.

There are quite a few right on 17th St Causeway which is the north entrance to the port. Renaissance, Marriott, HI Express, Amerisuites, Embassy Suites, Florida Grande. I think most have shuttle service both from the aiport and the port.

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and the Embassy Suites on 17 St. would be my first choice. Have had friends in from out of town prior to cruise and they have all loved this hotel.

The other suggestions you have been given are all fine options depending on your budget.

Have fun!

Archived