Wow.. Oasis of the Seas

So far I LOVE everything......with a ship like this, who needs ports?? You will never get to see it all in one week!!

I can't wait!!!

Totally agree, the fact that there is an itinerary with any port at all is enough for me.

Oh all you Carnival-ers are just jealous. Oasis is the biggest and bestest cruise ship out there. It will leave Carnival in the dust.

LMAO

OK, seriously now: I think all cruisers (regardless what cruise line they favor) are in unison. Oasis is a theme park on the high seas. It is geared towards the vacationer crowd not the cruisers.

As much as I love RCI I certainly will avoid Oasis at all cost. This floating resort has very little to do with cruising in a traditional sense.

Happy sailings.

I was starting to think maybe I was the only one. The design so far of this ship, let alone all the passengers, has zero appeal to me.

I agree. To each his own I guess, but I really have no interest in going on a ship that big anytime soon.

This ship sounds amazing. Once the reservations become available my DH and I are going to book it. We probably can't go until summer 2010, but the ship will barely be a year old then, and it will give us time to save. I have to see this ship!!!!

For a long time, we thought we wouldn't like the larger ships. We spent a short time on the Liberty for a Pre-Inaugural and we loved it. But decided it would be too big if they got any bigger. I am sure I have said on here that these ships would never interest us mainly due to the number of people. However, the sheer engineering of this class is enough to make us want to book. Probably not until late 2010, but still - looking forward to it!

You really can't go by the renderings. There may very well be loungers instead of chairs. Until final photos are out, who knows?!

You're so right! But, the renderings ARE fun to look at, aren't they? I'm excited that Oasis isn't a Voyager/Freedom class on steroids - it looks like RCI has put a lot of thought into making a different kind of ship. I can't wait to see more! (In person too!):D

Tacky and Plastic, a Disney World on Water, RCCL trying too hard.

Could they possible cram anything else on board?

Just MHO. Oasis doesn't remotely resemble a cruise ship.

Just might be the cruise ship of the future . . .:rolleyes:

Count me in also.

Can anyone explain why so many people are getting so upset about this ship being built?!? What are we suppose to expect from a cruiseline that has been so forward thinking with their new builds?

If you don't like it, just don't go. It's that simple. No need to complain about it and constantly find fault. It spoils everyone elses excitement.

There are plenty of other Royal ships to sail without the same innovations or features.

I just don't get it?!?

OMG, hate it, hate it, hate it. That's not a cruise ship, that's a City your'e trying to leave behind to get to a cruise ship only to find out you're back in the City LOL!

Wow, I don't think I like that. I love the idea of the Loft Suites but I would never have one. I would love to see the ship but not if I have to sail on it. It is too much of a city and it appears to be mainly indoor situations. I think all the tourist stuff makes it so people just don't sit back and relax but instead continue with their constant need to be entertained.

This coming from someone who has a slight preference to Royal Caribbean.

Aleece

I'm gonna book for my b-day in January 2010. My partner was against it, but once I showed him the video, he was all for it. YAY!

Same here. My partner and I are planning to book some time in January 2010 for my birthday (the 30th) as well. What a coincidence.;)

Count me in also.

Can anyone explain why so many people are getting so upset about this ship being built?!? What are we suppose to expect from a cruiseline that has been so forward thinking with their new builds?

If you don't like it, just don't go. It's that simple. No need to complain about it and constantly find fault. It spoils everyone elses excitement.

There are plenty of other Royal ships to sail without the same innovations or features.

I just don't get it?!?

It is funny isn't it. Let em hate or go cruise some of the other cruise lines who are about twenty years behind RCI in ship design!!!!:D More room for us.

I am pretty much certain I will take my family on the Oasis in 2010. We have to try it at least once! Now I just have to earn enough points to fly to Florida, as it is horrifically expensive to get there from Vancouver for 4 people.:eek:

I dont know if anyone has plugged the numbers in yet, but Oasis OTS will have an almost identical space per passenger ratio as the Conquest Class.

Conquest: 110,000 tons / 2974 pax. = 36.98 Gross tons per person.

Oasis OTS: 220,000 tons / 6000 pax = 36.67 Gross tons per person.

It is funny isn't it. Let em hate or go cruise some of the other cruise lines who are about twenty years behind RCI in ship design!!!!:D More room for us.

Yeah I know. The funny thing is they can just keep living life as if these ships didn't exist at all and continue sailing the other Royal ships in the fleet. The reaction seems almost ..... personal? Why spoil others excitement???

Archived