Priority Boarding At Brooklyn

STEPHEN LARKIN

Hi Guys ,

I will be joining the Queen Mary 2 in Brooklyn this October and have booked a Q5 Stateroom (Queens Grill ) . Can anyone tell me what time they let you board on the day of departure and indeed as I am booked as Queens grill any details ref prioritry boarding .

Many thanks ....

The QM2 generally gets in around 6-7 am. The ship is emptied out by 10. Queens grill has a special waiting area and check in. You can get on as soon as they open the ship to boarding which normally is close to 12...

sullaRaffaello & smeyer418 already answered your question. I just want to add my 2 cents.:)

We were on a Q5 last may and arrived at terminal around 11:30. Checked in and waited in the special waiting area for grill passenger; around noon we were allowed to board. By the way, the waiting area was almost full by the time we got there.

Something you need to remember, the Queens Grill is open for lunch on that day. Unless you really, really like buffets. ;)

We arrived at 12:30 with friends from Michigan who had booked a Princess stateroom. That was their embarkation time. We believed because our cabin was B3, that we were to wait until 2:30, however, we embarked at 12:20 as well. It was a nice surprise. I do believe that the Grills have different entrances though.

Different entrances to what? The ship or restaurants? I don't understand.

I believe those Grill Passengers went on a separate escalator or elevator (from the terminal to the ship) from those of us in steerage. That's what I believe, but I was so very excited at that time, I really can't remember much of it. I believe that is what I was told. Maybe passengers who were in the Grills could say just exactly how they embarked.

I believe those Grill Passengers went on a separate escalator or elevator (from the terminal to the ship) from those of us in steerage. That's what I believe, but I was so very excited at that time, I really can't remember much of it. I believe that is what I was told. Maybe passengers who were in the Grills could say just exactly how they embarked.

I am blind and cannot see therefore I have no idea if there are multiple elevators or escalators. I did hear that the grill passengers had a special entrance on the starboard side of the ship as opposed to port. I 'm lost with this one.

We were on Grill and from the Grill's holding pen, oops, pardon, Grill's waiting area, we had what looked like a dedicated gangway to the ship. And just like poodlesmom, I was so excited that didn't pay much attention as to where the people from Britannia were boarding from. I know there were people from all categories on the elevators at boarding time.

No, there is no separate escalator. The Grill passengers get sent to a separate room at the terminal that puts them right next to the one escalator and lets you get ahead of everyone else. we were on the February 2nd cruise out of new york in queens grill accommodations and got to the terminal at noon and went immediately on board. In fact since there were so few passengers there at the time everyone was able to get immediately on board.

Archived