Is 58 minutes enough time?

txwildflower2002

We are going to san juan in Dec. Continental has flights leaving CRP at 6:35am (2 1/2 hr layover in houston) or 8:14 (58 min layover) We leave houston at 10:10. I know dh and I can make it terminal wise as the gates are close, but will our luggage make it? DH wants to take the early flight, just in case of weather, but I am not an early morning person. Thanks for info!

We are going to san juan in Dec. Continental has flights leaving CRP at 6:35am (2 1/2 hr layover in houston) or 8:14 (58 min layover) We leave houston at 10:10. I know dh and I can make it terminal wise as the gates are close, but will our luggage make it? DH wants to take the early flight, just in case of weather, but I am not an early morning person. Thanks for info!

I would take the early flight. I know with celebrity cruise you have to be there and on the ship 90 min before it pulls away from dock. with it being in dec and there is so many layovers in houston at that time I would go the day before.

Are you flying in the day of, or the day before? If you or your luggage did not make the 58 min. connection, is there a later flight to San Juan that you or your luggage could be put on assuming it is not already full? If CO sells the connection, they are indicating that luggage should make it without a problem.

All that said, however, I would take the earlier flight as well. 58 minutes does not leave time for much to go wrong on your flight from CRP-HOU. Think weather, mechanical, and all those other things that can go wrong. And if the flight with the short connection is late, do you really want to be running thru IAH? As you know it is a large airport and it can be quite a distance between gates.

Archived