Statendam to sail from Galveston?

Austin

Hi, folks:

I've heard that HAL is considering home porting msStatendam at Galveston, commencing in 2006. Has anyone else heard this rumor, or any variation thereof, and if so, what info can you provide?

Thanks.

Page

There was some info posted on this a couple of months ago. It looked like Hal decided against Galveston and was going have some cruises out of New Orleans instead, maybe late 2005 early 2006.

I don't know if any of this info was official.

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com./showthread.php?t=64026&highlight=Galveston

I wish HAL would use Galveston but as noted I don't think anything ever came of the earlier speculations. Since we're in Texas that would obviously be great for us. Next best would be New Orleans though we'd probably fly instead of drive to the port. It's great not having to worry about flights, lost baggage, et al, so we're really looking forward to our first cruise out of Galveston even though we had to switch cruise lines to make it happen. :o

The plan according to the Fall 2005 schedule has the Amsterdam beginning the West Coast to Hawaii cruises in December 2005. I believe there is a sailing in early December followed by a Christmas/New Years Hawaii cruise. The schedule currently shows the last Statendam Hawaii cruise departing San Diego (I believe) on November 2, 2005.

Hi,

I posted this before but, when we were on the Rotterdam this summer, we were told by a friend of the captain that beginning in 2006, the Amsterdam was going to be home ported in Sydney Australia, and that the Statendam was going to New Orleans. I don't rememember the rest of the new plans but it is on one of my earlier posts after returning in July.

GN

Archived