Formal nights and My Time Dining

This is another of those posts where I think I've seen the answer, but the search is down and I can't find the information I want. My DH and I are booked on Brilliance for the November 13 Mediterranean Venice cruise. We are torn between My Time Dining and traditional (which is where our booking has us now). What we would like to know is whether passengers in My Time Dining dress for the formal nights (DH is thinking of renting a tux), or whether that is mostly confined to the traditional section. And for that matter, where do diners sit in My Time Dining. I believe Brilliance has only one dining room? (This is my first Radiance class cruise.)

Does anyone know where all those huge My Time Dining threads got to?

Thanks for any help.

Patricia

The My Time Dining on the Brilliance is Deck 5. The dining room is shaped like a U and My Time Dining is on the right side of the U. Everyone on our cruise was dressed for formal night.

We usually opt to dine in Chops or Portofino on formal nights. My husband always wears a tux and I dress formally, as well.

By the way, My Time worked very well for us. We always had our same table and waiter, as that is what we requested. The main difference was we did not always eat at the same time due to the Med being a very port intensive cruise. There was never a need to alert the staff we were eating in the Windjammer. We phoned ahead to reserve our table and dining time on the nights we ate in the dining room. It was very nice and a welcome treat to us not to *have* to alert people or show up when we didn't want to.

The MY Time dining just gives you a choice in times for dining each night but the dress suggestions are the same. You still dress the same way you just don't have to be there at the specified traditional times.

Thank you both for the info. We still have a decision to make, but since we enjoy the formal nights, the fact that folks still dress for them means My Time would work for us. I am soooo looking forward to this cruise; my head is swimming with all the research I've been doing.

Thanks again, Patricia

Archived