Prepaid Phone Cards

injunjoe

Hello all....I did a search on this and came up with a link but it no longer works. I am looking for a place that I can purchase a prepaid Meican phone company card online. I would like to buy one to call home at our stops in Cozumel and Costa Maya. Any suggestions? Also, how many minutes do you get for your dollar?

Thanks for the help

Injun Joe

12/4/04 Sensation just weeks away

You can buy phone cards at any pharmacy in Cozumel for 30, 50, or 100 pesos, which is about $2.75, $4.50 or $9. I believe they charge 12 pesos per minute, so the 100 peso card ($9) will last 8.5 minutes, roughly working out to be a dollar per minute. I don't know where they might be available online.

You can purchase Mextel calling cards at: [url="http://www.telmexusa.com/pcclooo.asp"]www.telmexusa.com/pcclooo.asp[/url]. Don't use the local pay phones that say "Call the U.S. here." You will pay dearly, they are not cheap. :( If you can't find one cheap on the website I mentioned above, then just purchase a mextel prepaid phone card at one of the local stores, as CozSally said, they are everywhere.:)

Try [url="http://www.telmexusa.com/pcc1200.asp"]www.telmexusa.com/pcc1200.asp[/url] This one should work. I spoke to a represenative from Telmex and she said to look for the payphones that have their symbol on them and we shouldn't have any problems (looks like a capital T sitting inside the top of a capital M, does that make sense? :) Their prices are $5, $10 and $20 USD. This will get you 10, 20 or 40 minutes. Hopes this helps.

Marie

Archived