Cayo Levantado

jnmrlk

We were on the NCL Spirit and I wanted to post our experience with this beach excursion because we had such a great time, it was infact, our favorite stop of the whole 8-day cruise.

The beach is beautiful, my boys did the banana boat ride ($10 each for about 15 mins - seemed like they were out there forever!!!). My one son had a picture taken with a monkey on his shoulder - that was $8 - well worth it for him!!

The beach was clean, the water was clear and the sand - oh! so soft!!!

Food and drink is extra, I had heard some people post complaints about the food and the flies around etc. but if you have bar-b-q's in the back yard it was the same type of idea - I found everything to be clean - burgers were too done for our taste - but I understand why they have to cook them well done.

We thoroughly enjoyed this day and I recommend it to any-one that wants a low key great beach day.

ONE TIP - - - - the tendering to the island from the ship was terrible and I have read many posts about it being disorganized - get the earliest ticket you can get (or get up for!!!) and get to the Stardust Theatre EARLIER - AT LEAST 15 MINS EARLIER - than it tells you too. They were calling the tender times early - it was a mess and people were arguing with the other passengers and the crew, we were over 30 mins late in leaving and we were at the theatre 10 mins before the time stated.

Thanks for the review! My family and I will be at Cayo Leventado on 7/29/08 w/ RCCL's Grandeur of the Seas. I have a few Questions!

• Was there any snorkeling at this beach? Any waves?
  • Was the water blue or green as previously reported?
  • Do you think that the tendering problem was an issue w/NCL or was it a private company tendering from your ship?

I want to be prepared. We are on the 10AM tender. Thanks!

Thanks for the review! My family and I will be at Cayo Leventado on 7/29/08 w/ RCCL's Grandeur of the Seas. I have a few Questions!

• Was there any snorkeling at this beach? Any waves?
  • Was the water blue or green as previously reported?
  • Do you think that the tendering problem was an issue w/NCL or was it a private company tendering from your ship?

I want to be prepared. We are on the 10AM tender. Thanks!

You can snorkel at the beach - not sure if there were rentals as we had our own equipment. The water is clear but not really "blue" - but it is clear. There were no waves when we were there, the sand is so soft!!

The tendering process was done by private companies - 2 of the tenders I believe belonged to the hotel on Cayo L - the other 2 or 3 had other names on them.

The tendering problem was more of a NCL problem (IMO) they had times on the tickets and the whole things was just a mess. It didn't take long to tender to the island 10 maybe 15 mins tops.

There are vendors that sell t-shirts and knick knacks (and allot of cigars!!!) but they are not high pressure.

I think the burgers were $5 each - hot dogs about the same and chicken sandwiches were $6- I think the sodas were $2 a can but I am not sure.

Archived