Kosher request aboard?

Hey ,

I was wondering if anyoen had requested kosher meals on Rccl , and if yes what was their experience, like did it taste good or not ? Also if you dint like what was served , could you retract to the regular menu? I know ppl on ships are very hospitable , but It never hurts to ask.

Sorry, I've never order the Kosher meals. But, I did see someplace that on Celebrity they are ordered elsewhere (frozen, I believe) and served aboard ship.

I would think they would allow you to order off the regular menu if you didn't like their offerings.

kosher meals are no extra charge. All you have to do is notify us at least 45 days prior to sailing. Just send an e-mail that includes the guests' names, reservation ID number, ship's name and voyage date to the relevant address below:

Food allergies - foodallergies@rccl.com

from

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=322&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

On our last RCCL cruise my wife ordered kosher dinners. On our first day in the dining room the waiter / area captain brought over a list of available meals for the entire cruise. My wife was asked what she wanted for that evening's dinner. Almost all the choices were meat meals. They are obviously frozen and brought out hot but still wrapped in plastic. My wife said they tasted very good.

If a dinner menu had some fish or vegetarian option that my wife preferred she ordered off the regular menu without a problem. The kosher option is just an available option.

Bill

Archived