Anyone Else Having Or Had A Carnival Conquest Wedding

Just wanted to see and hear different ideas from all of you having wedding on the Conquest. Or from you that have been married on there! We are getting married on November 23, 2008 and I know there are more of you out there!! Just wanted to say hi and exchange ideas... I have some to so if you have any questions throw them my way and I can tell you what I know!

Have a great day and congrats everyone!!!

• 1 month later...

I wasn't registered for this website, but I had to register when I read your post. I'm getting married on the Conquest on November 23rd too! How is your planning going? I was really relaxed about it all but this week it hit me that I only have about 3 months now, so it's really starting to sink in! Do you live in Texas? How many guests do you have? I would love to bounce ideas off of you! Oh, and congrats!!

Wow that is awesome congrats! We are pretty much done with all the planning. I am the person who wants it all done now and then relax. All we need to do is final payments for flowers in September and final payment for the rest of the guests in October. We have rooms blocked at Hilton Galveston the night before the wedding. We have a makeup artist coming to the hotel the morning of the wedding. We do live in Texas so it makes things easy! All of our out of town invitations have gone out and the in town ones are going out at the end of this month! Our guest list is a little over 50 people however I am only counting on about 35.

How about you? Where are you guys from? How many people will be at your wedding??? Feel free to bounce any ideas off me you would like! I am excited to meet someone else on the same day! I know there are four of us for that date!

Talk to you soon!

Heatther

my email is heatherb@alphaps.com if that is easier!

Hi Heatther,

My fiance and I live in Washington, DC. He's a medic in the army and stationed at Walter Reed. I'm from Colorado, and he's actually from Houston, specifically Pasadena. We met on a cruise out of Galveston in 2006, so we thought this would be a perfect way to get married!

Since his parents live so close, we're just going to be staying with them, though I'm going to stay with my sister in her hotel the night before. Are you and your fiance going to try not to see each other the day of the wedding? I talked to Myriam and she said that if I show up early, and he shows up 15-30 minutes later, we can probably avoid each other. We're going to try, I think it would make it that much more exciting!

We have 30 confirmed guests, 15 sailing with us. My sister is AMAZING at doing hair, she always did mine for proms/homecomings, and my future sister-in-law just graduated beauty school, so I have hair and makeup covered.

Are you going with real flowers? I got a quote for the ones I wanted, and I just have a hard time paying that much money for flowers for a couple hours. I'm looking into silk ones, I've found some that you really can't even tell they're not real. I'm still deciding on that. That's really the only thing we have left to do.

I love doing the wedding this way because I think it takes a lot of the stress away, but on the other hand, I hate the feeling of not knowing specifics until a couple weeks out. I'm not really picky about where the wedding and reception take place, but I just wish I knew now! I know it's been on my mind, because I keep having crazy wedding dreams where all of a sudden my veil is a big 80's headband poofy veil!

Just one idea to pass along, we want professional pictures, but we're also buying a bunch of those disposable cameras and giving them to our guests so they can take a LOT of candid shots for us. Those are always my favorite anyway, and it's such a cheap way to get lots of pictures frome every angle of your wedding.

It's great talking to you, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Susan

Susan~

It is great to hear from you again! That is so cute how you and your fiancee met and now you are getting marreid on the cruise! That is so awesome!

I do not want to see my fiancee before the wedding so I am going to try to get there early too, however if I do see him it will not be the end of the world since I wont have my dress on and I am sure my hair will be in rollers! Ha Ha Ha He might see me and run the other way! I am a cosmotologist so I could do my own hair but it is my wedding so one of my girls is just going to have to go it. I am going with simple on the hair anyway.

I am guessing we will have about 35 guests and only 3 sailing with us. My mom is sailing with us because I want my 8 year old to be there and have a fun trip with us but not be with us all the time! If you know what I mean! Ha Ha Ha and he is taking a friend to keep him busy.

I got our flowers from Angels accents. They should be here in October and I am sure they will be fine. I am like you I am not to picky! I have talked to a few girls on here who used her and totally loved them! Plus it is something myself and the bridesmaids can keep forever.

What wedding package did you pick out? Are you guys paying the extra 10.00 for your guests to eat on the lido deck??? We are having the hour and a half reception. It is going to go by so fast!

I don't really care where our wedding or reception is either but like you I would just like to know! I tried to get it out of Myriam and she laughted and told me not yet! She is so awesome! I email her and she responds so fast! I love your dream, that is so funny! I keep dreaming that all the guests tour the ship and never come back for the wedding and reception! Ha Ha Ha

I like your idea about the cameras. I actually have a lot of people bringing their cameras and I am going to give someone our digital so we can get some other good shots. I cant believe how expensive Carnivals picutes are! I hate to spend so much money on that but what can you do??

We will have to keep in touch and maybe run into each other on the cruise!

Heatther

Heather, I know you've seen it, but to Lance's Bride, my husband and I were just married on the Conquest 2 months ago. Our day was perfect. Here are some links for you. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Here is a link to my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=796392&highlight=conquest

And here is the link to our Carnival pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801660

Heather' date=' I know you've seen it, but to Lance's Bride, my husband and I were just married on the Conquest 2 months ago. Our day was perfect. Here are some links for you. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801660[/quote']

Thanks, you have helped a lot. You actually got me the info about the perfect face and a ton of other great stuff. Thanks for all your help and congrats again! I hope our wedding goes as smooth!

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to come over and say 'Hello' and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Our family will be sailing with you ....Steve and I and children ( 22, 18, 15, 13). We all hope you have a wonderful wedding and cruise.

Margi

I just wanted to come over and say 'Hello' and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Our family will be sailing with you ....Steve and I and children ( 22, 18, 15, 13). We all hope you have a wonderful wedding and cruise.

Margi

Margi~

Thank you for the hello and congrats! We hope to run into you and hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise!

Heatther and LaMichael

Heather' date=' I know you've seen it, but to Lance's Bride, my husband and I were just married on the Conquest 2 months ago. Our day was perfect. Here are some links for you. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=801660[/quote']

Thanks so much!! Your pictures are beautiful, I can only hope my wedding goes as perfectly as yours. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions for you as the day approaches. Thanks again!

Archived