Planning Stage 3: Lodging/Sheraton/OSJ

Salsa Dancer

If anyone can tell me what is the best way to secure the Sheraton or is bidding totally up-for-grabs (take what you get)? Sheraton is 3.5 * and most say to bid a resort; so if I bid a 4*, that means Sheraton wouldn't even be possible, right?

What would you do? Is it better to not be so specific and just take a nice resort?

Sheraton's rates (site) are $549-645, which is out-of-the-question for us.

Priceline has a rate of close to $500, by the time I figure in an added charge for our daughter. Still WAY too high. Her cruise for the week is $700, so to pay $500 for a one-night sleep is not going to happen.

I'll sleep better once I have Stage 3 settled and reserved. :)

If anyone can tell me what is the best way to secure the Sheraton or is bidding totally up-for-grabs (take what you get)? Sheraton is 3.5 * and most say to bid a resort; so if I bid a 4*, that means Sheraton wouldn't even be possible, right?

What would you do? Is it better to not be so specific and just take a nice resort?

Sheraton's rates (site) are $549-645, which is out-of-the-question for us.

Priceline has a rate of close to $500, by the time I figure in an added charge for our daughter. Still WAY too high. Her cruise for the week is $700, so to pay $500 for a one-night sleep is not going to happen.

I'll sleep better once I have Stage 3 settled and reserved. :)

Yes, bidding is the only way to go, those prices are insane! If you bid resort, then the Sheraton would not come up as an option of what you actually get, same with 4*. I would stick with resort because all of Priceline's options are better than the Sheraton and some of the other 3* options are clunkers. Good luck!

Archived