Suite benifits?

For us we enjoy the extra space a suite gives you. For 4-5 day cruises we usually just do an oceanview, but cruises of 6 days or longer we prefer a suite. And depending on the ship the Cat 11's also have a regular size jacuzzi tub which is a plus for me since I prefer baths over showers.

I had a suite on my cruise. IMO unless you'd like to take advantage of the VIP boarding, a suite is not worth the extra $$ over a guaranteed unobstructed balcony room. (I did see a GUB room while onboard.) The VIP boarding was awesome, but as this was my first cruise, I cannot compare it to the regular boarding.

not even an iced bottle of champagne waiting for you in the cabin?

Nope, not unless you pre-purchase or you receive fronm your TA. DW and I have stayed in either Cat.11 or JS our last 5 cruises, and we love the extra room, bath, and storage space. We also love having a chaise lounge on the balcony to relax on.

The size, the balcony, the VIP boarding, the location and the glass door for the tub/shower (on most ships). Our first cruise was a Cat 11 on Fantasy which is more like a balcony cabin in size and amenities. We will only do suites from now on. I love having the extra closet space and the dressing/vanity area as well as double sinks. We also got a great military discount this time around which makes it even more worth it. A suite even determined our upcoming cruise. We were looking at Miracle in early Nov, but the suites were all booked about a year out, so we went back to Glory to do Western this time.

There is a mini-fridge in the room stocked with goodies, but they cost ya extra. Have your porter take all the stuff out of the fridge so you aren't "tempted" and use the fridge for storing other food or pop.

Also the jacuszzi tub is a plus and the bathroom is bigger.

If you get a #11 suite at the back of the ship you have a wrap around deck.

Nope, not unless you pre-purchase or you receive fronm your TA. DW and I have stayed in either Cat.11 or JS our last 5 cruises, and we love the extra room, bath, and storage space. We also love having a chaise lounge on the balcony to relax on.

I didn't have a chaise lounge! :(

• 2 weeks later...

There was a thread on this very subject up until yesterday. It got poofed. But, as was already stated, all you get is VIP check in. Other cruise lines offer more with a suite. If you expect more for the extra money you will be spending, you may want to shop around a little before booking if you want more than just someone to hold your hand during check in. :)

We have a cat 11 aft wrap balcony and I was told that there will be lounge chairs. I hope so, or I will pay my room stewart to go and get me two :D

I'm not sure about the aft wrap balconies but we've had a regular Cat. 11 on the Miracle, Glory, and Liberty and they all had lounge chairs. There were typically two lounge chairs and a little table. We also had a regular chair on the balcony.

There was a thread on this very subject up until yesterday. It got poofed. :)

How well I know ... I got home from the long weekend and was responding to my Original Post and it wouldn't go throught ... The posting got the boot while I was in the middle of my reply ...

THANK YOU for 'sticking up for me', in my absence ...

Any idea where the one poster might keep her flying monkeys while cruising? ...:D

Thanks again

Archived