I Have An Idea And Want To Bring It To Princess-i Need Your Help Who Should I Contact

wizard-of-roz

AKGloryBelle: Thanks so much for the inspiration to push forward with my idea.

It would be so enlightening for everyone to hear and see what these dogs can do.

And the Q&A would be so interesting for everyone.

There's a lot to learn about dogs and their behavior, especially those that do service work.

We were on the Diamond in 2004 and there were about 25 dogs on board. They gave a demo on stage one afternoon. We saw all different types of disabilities and how these dogs do everything from pull pull wheelchairs, to turning on lights, alerting when the phone is ringing, etc. The most interesting one was, a women who had seizures. Her dog would alert her before she had one so she could prepare herself by lying down, etc. The dog would start howling minutes before she had a seizure. Now isn't that incredible??? I remember on formal night how they dressed their dogs up. Iris a Golden Retriever was dressed in pink booties, a pink boa, pearls at her neck and ears. She was adorable. These dogs were so well behaved and a joy to be around. If ever anyone is on a ship and has a chance to see a group of them demonstrate their skills, please go see them.

Cheryl in sunny Florida

i work with princess and you need to address it to

emily walton

princess cruises, enrichment programs

24844 avenue rockefeller

santa clarita ca 91355

you do need to include a bio and your topic info try to include a videotape it helps a lot

unfortunately they only take requests through writing

Cheryl: Everytime I go into a public place, with Brenda, and there are children who are acting badly....I always point to Brenda who's laying on the floor very quitely, not jumping or running or screaming or pushing or shoving.....she's just happy to be there and ready to serve whenever called upon. It totally changes the tone of the moment....the children stop acting badly and come over to her. It's a defining moment when they observe an animal behaving in such a respectful way.

So, even when she's just resting....she's actually serving a wonderful purpose!

We all could learn so much about tolerance/kindness and acceptance from these miracle dogs.

Actually, even our pets, at home, who are not service animals but are there for us just to love and be loved in return are very, very special in their own way!

Princess Cruiser27: I hope you will get the chance to see us onboard one day.

ItsJustMe86: Thank you so much for the good information. I'll write to the name and address you supplied, get them all the info. they need and, we'll see what happens.

Hopefully, you'll get a chance to meet us, as well!

Hi,

To see Travis, the service dog, pick up a credit card and a paper clip off the slick dance floor was absolutely amazing. Ellen did a fantastic job with her demonstration of how he opened doors, removed her clothing and etc. It was his afftection for Ellen that was the most compelling. He placed his head on her leg and look up at her with the most loving eyes. Still a vivid memory from March.

Continue your efforts, if you receive no notice from Princess, bring everything with you upon sailing and talk with the cruise director. I am sure they will see what we all already know, it would be fantastic.

Good luck and hope you an Brenda have a wonderful cruise. Wish I could be with you! Hope to see you on board one of these days.

I know we'd attend ....!!!

I know SDs are not pets, but I've seen some discusssions about cruising with pets. It may be just around the bend. (I used to work on the S.S. Constitution which had kennels for the dogs of the passengers for crossings).

We've seen one SD on a cruise .... so hard not to pet!

Great idea.

Master to: Ginger, Tucker and Mad-Dog (aka Madison).

Jeal; Kathy; Jwave; TXTraveler76; Singer Esq: I thank you and Brenny thanks you for all your good wishes and support.

Wow! I think we could fill-up the Princess Theatre if we wanted to!

Singer: You're their "non fur-bearing" friend!

I, too, am impressed by all the "stuff" Brenny can do....and, what amazes me the most....is sometimes she hasn't performed a certain task in months and I'll ask her to do it and I can see the "wheels" turning in her eyes as she's processing it in her brain and then "waalaah" she does it!!!!

What a hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Largin, we are going to be on the Nov. 10th cruise out of San Francisco and I am so happy to hear that there will be Service Dogs on that cruise. How did you find this information? I do so hope they are there to give demonstrations.

Archived