Canadians on Carnival?

Jackale

Thanks Copper, there was grear thread started this AM but it vanished:eek: .Wonder if that will happen on the forth:rolleyes:

Anyone know if we book the criuse thru an agent can we still buy the airfare thru Carnival? We get great crusie deals with an interline company( DH is military).It would be nice to get airfare cheap too!!

In May 09 we will be cruising the Triumph rom Miami with our 3 children. Since we live in SK we only have Air Canada and NWA to utilize to get us to Florida. West Jet does not fly out of here after May 1 09. We spoke to our PVP who quoted us 689 pp which included transfers, hotel stay and flight. I booked that because we dont want to be stuck with paying even more and its nice that I have till January 25 09 to make changes or even cancel.

Thanks Copper, there was grear thread started this AM but it vanished:eek: .Wonder if that will happen on the forth:rolleyes:

Anyone know if we book the criuse thru an agent can we still buy the airfare thru Carnival? We get great crusie deals with an interline company( DH is military).It would be nice to get airfare cheap too!!

Carnival does offer a discount on bookings for military personnel:)...my TA at Cruiseship Centres had asked if I was with the Canadian Armed Forces and that there was a discount. I can't remember if it applied to retired members as well:confused:

I am all for supporting our troops anyway we can! For too long our Men and Women have taken a back seat in pay, equipment and supplies. No one likes wars and civil disrest, but we are a country that can be peacekeepers, but we need a strong Armed Forces for those times unfortunate times when.....and that is the time we need to do whatever we can to support our troops.:) Even discounts etc. It shows our societal value of the work they do.

When we leave from Vancouver, we typically fly to FLL from Seattle. It usually ranges from $275-300. CAD return in Feb. I sure it has gone up with oil prices. Comparable Vancouver fares are about $725-775. Well worth the 3 hr. drive and parking fee.

We get great crusie deals with an interline company( DH is military).It would be nice to get airfare cheap too!!
I belong to a couple of interline websites as I can qualify both as an interliner and retired military and if you are getting a interline discount for some one who is in the Cdn military, you are not qualified as the only military that Carnival gives a discount to is U.S. military. I have confirmed this with my PVP as she use to give me an interline discount but no longer can as I am with a cargo airline and Carnival stopped this also. I know rules change, but I did go and check 2 cdn interline sites and they both said the same. If you have got an interline TA that gave you a discount keep them, but be aware if Carnival tells them you do not qualify you could end up paying full price. If you use this company there is no reason they can't get you cruise air, but that is a whole other subject.:D

When we leave from Vancouver, we typically fly to FLL from Seattle. It usually ranges from $275-300. CAD return in Feb. I sure it has gone up with oil prices. Comparable Vancouver fares are about $725-775. Well worth the 3 hr. drive and parking fee.

I agree 110%. We ALWAYS fly out of Seattle and sometimes spend the night before our flight close to the Airport. I don't recommend the red eye flight though....We did that the last time and by the time we boarded the ship, we were EXHAUSTED and missed the sail away party.

I'm like fredman, I would like to hear more of this storey. Who did you book with a PVP or a TA. Booking cruise air comes with hotel and transfers, if required and if you cancel that part it would save Carnival money and they shouldn't be needing to charge you anything.

Cruise air does not come with a hotel (at least not from Ontario). We booked the deviation when we booked the cruise along with transfers and hotel. We used a TA. Deviation is $50 pp. Hotel charge is additional ($140 pp), transfers are additional ($40 pp).

They waived the deviation charge when we booked hotel. When we canceled hotel, they charged us the deviation charge then denied us a deviation. I am looking into other air carriers (SWA) because I KNOW I can get a better deal on the day I want. But if not I still can either take the same day flight or drive. We are going with 8 of us and I know that will get us down there and back.

We have been charged deviation before when we wanted to go in the day before with other cruise lines as well.

Cruise air does not come with a hotel (at least not from Ontario). We booked the deviation when we booked the cruise along with transfers and hotel. We used a TA. Deviation is $50 pp. Hotel charge is additional ($140 pp), transfers are additional ($40 pp).

They waived the deviation charge when we booked hotel. When we canceled hotel, they charged us the deviation charge then denied us a deviation. I am looking into other air carriers (SWA) because I KNOW I can get a better deal on the day I want. But if not I still can either take the same day flight or drive. We are going with 8 of us and I know that will get us down there and back.

We have been charged deviation before when we wanted to go in the day before with other cruise lines as well.

Sorry, I didn't get it what you were trying to say the first time:o I still don't think you should of got charged for deviation if you don't plan on using it, is your flight still booked a day ahead?

Carnival does offer a discount on bookings for military personnel:)...my TA at Cruiseship Centres had asked if I was with the Canadian Armed Forces and that there was a discount. I can't remember if it applied to retired members as well:confused:

I am all for supporting our troops anyway we can! For too long our Men and Women have taken a back seat in pay, equipment and supplies. No one likes wars and civil disrest, but we are a country that can be peacekeepers, but we need a strong Armed Forces for those times unfortunate times when.....and that is the time we need to do whatever we can to support our troops.:) Even discounts etc. It shows our societal value of the work they do.

I'm sure sad to see General Hillier go, he did alot for our soldiers.He is a real soldiers soldier:) .

In Brandon we have a great program called Brandon Salutes where military personel get discounts at business that have registered. I know how well this works as at my old job we started a military appreciation day( just one day a week) and my store sales went from 2.9 mil to 3.1 mil in the span of one year. I know CN rail tried to give discounts but it was kind of a wash out can you imagine if the cruise lines did the same:eek: Wow!!!We tried to get an interline rate with Carnival and our VP said they don't honor CF members only USF members, so we used our past guest experience and got a good rate( about 20.00 more then interline)RCCL,HAL,COSTA,NCL all offer CF member interline rates..Wake up Carnival get with the program!!!!

I think we need a yellow ribbon icon at the bottom:D

We have gotten the air and cruise through our TA. She stated that from the Maritime Provinces the hotel is included [ day before flight] because the cruise line knows that there are very few direct flights to Florida from here and there is a good chance of missing connections if we were to be flown in on the day of the cruise. At times it is quite a good deal! I have to say there has never been a problem with us making those connections [ usually through Toronto or Montreal] but don't tell the cruise line, I like being flown in the day before. The hotels have always been top notch as well.

I live north of Toronto and usually fly from Toronto - however I cruise mostly in March, sometimes February, when flights are expensive. When booking for next February, flights out of Toronto were $660 minimum - so we are flying out of Buffalo for $360. I see now the same flight is $420 out of Buffalo. I hate the longer drive on the way home, but I will do it for such a substantial savings. Although I must say it is much quicker to get out of the Buffalo airport and on the highway than it is in Toronto!

I have cruised with Carnival 6 times, and in the days when non US residents had to gather early for immigration, I could count the number of people - I would say generally less than 10% of the passengers are non US residents - and of those, they are mostly but not all Canadian.

Also I have used the Canadian airmiles program - it never seems to work out for flights for me, but I have booked 4 cruises using Airmiles.

We have gotten the air and cruise through our TA. She stated that from the Maritime Provinces the hotel is included [ day before flight] because the cruise line knows that there are very few direct flights to Florida from here and there is a good chance of missing connections if we were to be flown in on the day of the cruise. At times it is quite a good deal! I have to say there has never been a problem with us making those connections [ usually through Toronto or Montreal] but don't tell the cruise line, I like being flown in the day before. The hotels have always been top notch as well.

I'm from Saint John and Carnival wanted to fly us the day of the cruise(jan. 09), and would not change it with out a fee. We just ended up canceling our Carnial air and found a flight out of Moncton for only $629 tax incl.

does anyone here have telus mobility and done a caribbean cruise? just wondering what kinds of charges there were for using it on the cruise. i'm going to call this week to get some sort of international plan for it. i've done that with US trips many times.

last year i was in Alaska and my cell didn't have service on the ship at all, not until we were in port. so i did pretty good since i only used it in port and had a US roaming plan.

but i've read on here that carnival does have cell service and when using it at sea there are very high charges for it,even for incoming calls.

does anyone here have telus mobility and done a caribbean cruise? just wondering what kinds of charges there were for using it on the cruise. i'm going to call this week to get some sort of international plan for it. i've done that with US trips many times.

last year i was in Alaska and my cell didn't have service on the ship at all, not until we were in port. so i did pretty good since i only used it in port and had a US roaming plan.

but i've read on here that carnival does have cell service and when using it at sea there are very high charges for it,even for incoming calls.

I am leaving my Blackberry (Telus) at home. It's my vacation :p:D ! Folks at home can wait to see and hear about myvacation!

Not sure why you want to stay connected - maybe a very compelling reason, but enjoy your vacation! Life goes on with out you, work can wait, if someone is watching your kids, they must be good and trustworthy otherwise you wouldn't have left them with them.Why go on vacation if you need to be in constant contact? Just asking:eek:

Sorry, I didn't get it what you were trying to say the first time:o I still don't think you should of got charged for deviation if you don't plan on using it, is your flight still booked a day ahead?

No booking a day ahead was the deviation. That is what was denied. So no they didn't charge us for it.

We have bell for our cells and they said don't bother because the cruise uses satellite so reception is iffy and then it gets REALLY expensive something stupid like $15/min

Archived