Quest-North East Asia,March 2009

bermic

Sailing from Hong Kong on the Quest (1st. March 2009) on the North East Asia cruise and wondering if anyone has seen the shore excursion itinery.Also if anybody has any tips for independent excursions to avoid the sometimes inflated prices charged by cruise lines please let me know as every bit of money saved will be of help in offsetting fuel surcharges,imposed staff gratuities etc.

Regards,

Mike

every bit of money saved will be of help in offsetting fuel surcharges,imposed staff gratuities etc.

Regards,

Mike

Gratuities on any RCL product is not mandatory but suggested. Tip according to the service you receive.

The fuel surcharge of course is mandatory.

I'm on the Quest Jan 3 and will share the independant tour operators we're using if you're in any of our ports which means i need you to post your ports :D

This is one tour company we're using Exotissimo

It seems they are very poor in posting shore excursions which is not typical of their sister companies. I, too, would like independent excursion information. I am also interested in pre and post cruise hotel information.

cruisePRN- regarding your comment about staff graturities on the Quest,here in the U.K. I received a letter from R.C.L. stating that they were changing my booking contact and making these charges compulsory.They say there is NO opt out.I am currently considering taking R.C.L. to court over this matter as this is a blatant breach of contract. Beware you cruisers on the other side of `the pond,`as they might try it on with you.

cruisePRN- regarding your comment about staff graturities on the Quest,here in the U.K. I received a letter from R.C.L. stating that they were changing my booking contact and making these charges compulsory.They say there is NO opt out.I am currently considering taking R.C.L. to court over this matter as this is a blatant breach of contract. Beware you cruisers on the other side of `the pond,`as they might try it on with you.

Although i have never tipped below the suggested amounts for my cabin steward or waiter or his assistant I have chosen not to tip the Maitre'd on several cruises because we never met him and him never came around so we didn't know who he was. If tipping became compulsory it would no longer be a gratuity but it would be an added fee. The incentive for great service would be eliminated and suffer. I would be adamantly opposed to mandatory tipping. I'm sorry you're forced into it from the UK :mad:

Archived