Cutbacks?

donna50

Bread Basket Issue!

We Asked On Our Last Cruie About The Basket Issue. We Were Told They Would Leave It On The Table If Only Family Members Were At The Table. If Everyone Was Not Related, They Would Not Leave It As Not Everyone "practices The Same Hand Hygine".

We Were Told It Was A Health/Virus Precatution!

We were at a table for two on the Miracle and they would not leave the bread basket

Regarding hot food delivery to your cabin, Carnival was the only cruise line in its class that DID deliver hot breakfast. I'm going way back to the Mardi Gras through Tropicale. I don't remember if the "Celebration" class of ship had the hot breakfast service when they first entered service. As a matter of fact Carnival was the only cruise line that had the hot breakfast. RCCL, NCL and Princess served continental! I believe pizza delivery was introduced by Celebrity! They had the pizza shop on the lido and had pizza to go and delivery! (loved the extra cheese and mushroom). I don't remember regarding the bread baskets. Its too much food anyway, we're better off walking to the buffet!;)

Mark

We returned on Wednesday from the Miracle.

Everyone had a wonderful time, but we did notice some changes.

Tthe dining room waiter refused to leave the breadbasket for our rather large group.

This was not a huge problem, but it kept the waiters coming back several times to replenish our bread plates.

And.when did the room service changes take place?

No more full dinner menu at mealtimes? No hot food at breakfast time? No more room service pizza, or fruit and cheese plate?

No one was stopped from taking food from the Lido deck to cabins, but we were all a bit disappointed in the room service cutbacks.

Again, no one's trip was ruined. We were not denied any request in the dining room, and all in all we had a really great time.

We noticed the no hot food at breakfast room service change last summer......

I was on the Ecstasy in May and we had full flatware settings, never used the same fork or spoon twice. The table was set like a photo out of a Martha Stewart spread.

Same for us on the Elation in March.

There has never been hot food items on the room service breakfast menu on Carnival (at least not in the last 20 years), it's not a change.

There has never been "hot" food service for breakfast on any of our cruises. I kinda wish it had.....we would definately have had breakfast on the balcony :) !!

And the pizza that we has in our cabin was "delivered" by me.....but I did get a good tip ;)

Regarding hot food delivery to your cabin, Carnival was the only cruise line in its class that DID deliver hot breakfast. I'm going way back to the Mardi Gras through Tropicale. I don't remember if the "Celebration" class of ship had the hot breakfast service when they first entered service. As a matter of fact Carnival was the only cruise line that had the hot breakfast. RCCL, NCL and Princess served continental! I believe pizza delivery was introduced by Celebrity! They had the pizza shop on the lido and had pizza to go and delivery! (loved the extra cheese and mushroom). I don't remember regarding the bread baskets. Its too much food anyway, we're better off walking to the buffet!;)

Mark

Back in the Marti Gras and Carnivale days, I would have bled out if I had opened my eyes in the morning.:eek::( But from the Jubilee, Holiday, Celebration on, there has been NO hot food delivery to cabins. No breakfast, no pizza. Continental and cereal for bkfst and sandwiches the rest of the time.

Dan

Have cruised with Carnival 7 times, no hot items on the room service menu, no room service delivery pizza, unless you count the times I was designated to deliver pizza for everyone because I was the only one who could walk a straight line, and I only had bread baskets on Princess.

We returned on Wednesday from the Miracle.

Everyone had a wonderful time, but we did notice some changes.

Tthe dining room waiter refused to leave the breadbasket for our rather large group.

This was not a huge problem, but it kept the waiters coming back several times to replenish our bread plates.

And.when did the room service changes take place?

No more full dinner menu at mealtimes? No hot food at breakfast time? No more room service pizza, or fruit and cheese plate?

No one was stopped from taking food from the Lido deck to cabins, but we were all a bit disappointed in the room service cutbacks.

Again, no one's trip was ruined. We were not denied any request in the dining room, and all in all we had a really great time.

Are you sure the last cruise you took was on Carnival ?????

Never had any of the things you mentioned as not having anymore have they ever had.......Did that make sense ??????:rolleyes:

Bread Basket Issue!

We Asked On Our Last Cruie About The Basket Issue. We Were Told They Would Leave It On The Table If Only Family Members Were At The Table. If Everyone Was Not Related, They Would Not Leave It As Not Everyone "practices The Same Hand Hygine".

We Were Told It Was A Health/Virus Precatution!

Makes perfect sense...God forbid another norovirus scurge breaks ou and someone sues over leaving a basket of bread on the table.....;)

This again though makes perfect sense. I have seen some peoples actions while dining and reaching for things and putting them back.

Look...the rye looks good...oops, no I think I'll grab the garlic stick...na, let me have the (SNEEZE) poppy seed roll.....:eek:

They don't use bread baskets to avoid transferring germs between guests. It's a sanitation thing, You touch it you take it doesn't always happen. This is just one of many ways they prevents germs and noro. Just like you should wash your hands in the bathroom for 30 seconds with hot water. Bet there are a few people who don't do that one right either. Ask for more bread not a problem that will be more than happy to give you more.

I have never seen a breadbasket left at the table. I would think that would be a problem if they did due to germs. I have cruised 4 lines but heck it might have happened in the past but I would rather have my waiter bring me bread.

As far as the room service I have never seen those food choices on Carnival. I have on another line.

In all our cruises, on ANY line, we've never once ordered room service ...never...so I can't comment on that. However on any of my cruises with Carnival I've never had the breadbasket left on the table...not when we had a table for 2 or with a large group, didn't matter, no breadbasket on the table. For that matter, on HAL it was the same...but I can't remember what happened on Celebrity or Home Lines.

They don't use bread baskets to avoid transferring germs between guests. It's a sanitation thing, You touch it you take it doesn't always happen. This is just one of many ways they prevents germs and noro. Just like you should wash your hands in the bathroom for 30 seconds with hot water. Bet there are a few people who don't do that one right either. Ask for more bread not a problem that will be more than happy to give you more.

Hum! I think I heard this before.

Yep, I did. I think I said it in a earlier post. Just worded different.

Hand washing = soap, water, friction.........

Carnival did at one time leave the bread basket on the table. That stopped years ago, more for sanitation reasons than cutbacks.

As far as I'm concerned, little cutbacks that don't make a difference in my cruising experience but will hopefully help keep some costs down, are worth it to me (i.e. more than one fork at the dinner table).

I would think that part of the cruise experience would be to eat in the dinning room and not in your cabin. The only time we use room service is for morning coffee before we go to breakfast in the main dinning room or to the buffett. Who wants to spend the entire time in the cabin? As far as the bread tray, it gives the waiters something to do while waiting for the meal to be ready.

Compared to 40 years ago, ALL cruiselines have made a very noticeable and large cutback. But no one seems to pay attention to it. That cutback is in the cruise fare! It costs way less to cruise today than it did years ago, in real dollars. Figured in 60's or 70's Dollars, it costs less than half to cruise today. So maybe there has been a little nickel and dimeing along the way. If they want to take my nickels and dimes and give me back stacks of Dollars, OK.

And the funny thing about this thread is that the complaint is 100% wrong. The OP has confused Carnival with some other line.

Dan

Archived