Cab Fare from JFK to Brooklyn Pier?

CarolR

We are from Southern Ontario and are trying to decide between flying out of Buffalo and driving for our cruise on the Miracle. Does anyone know the cab fare from JFK to the Brooklyn Pier.

We are from Southern Ontario and are trying to decide between flying out of Buffalo and driving for our cruise on the Miracle. Does anyone know the cab fare from JFK to the Brooklyn Pier.

It may cost $40-50

I am really not sure.. but what you can do if you are not carrying a ton of luggage is take the air train to Jamaica and go downstairs to the subway- You want the F train

Take that to Smith St

It may be a bit of a hassle but its cheap..

http://www.nycruise.com/dirBKN.html#

I would say about $40. From JFK to the NY pier is about 45 and the Bklyn pier is closer so about 40 is right, maybe even $35.

Toni, once they get off the subway at Smith and 9th Street they would have to take a cab to the pier.

It may cost $40-50

I am really not sure.. but what you can do if you are not carrying a ton of luggage is take the air train to Jamaica and go downstairs to the subway- You want the F train

Take that to Smith St

It may be a bit of a hassle but its cheap..

http://www.nycruise.com/dirBKN.html#

I don't know if taking the train to Smith-9th St is a good idea...there are ALOT of stairs to go down, which would be a hassle with luggage. You will not find a cab there, so you would have to be prepared to call car service, which may not be able to accomodate a lot of luggage, and the neighborhood around that station (unless it has changed in the past 10 years) is not that great.

I'd recommend going fo the $ and getting a cab or a limo from JFK right to the port. If you are spending that much to cruise from Brooklyn, which is where Cunard docks, then you should go for the extra bucks to get there without hassle.

I would say about $40. From JFK to the NY pier is about 45 and the Bklyn pier is closer so about 40 is right, maybe even $35.

Toni, once they get off the subway at Smith and 9th Street they would have to take a cab to the pier.

Yes there is a bus that goes directly to the port;) But like I said may be a bit of a hassle for someone not familiar with the city

Yes there is a bus that goes directly to the port;) But like I said may be a bit of a hassle for someone not familiar with the city

Yeah I know about the bus. Just can't imagine someone taking the airtrain to the subway and then a bus and then walking to the pier. What a schlep that would be. :eek:

:D

Yeah I know about the bus. Just can't imagine someone taking the airtrain to the subway and then a bus and then walking to the pier. What a schlep that would be. :eek:

Some people really want or need to save money.. I rather cut something else out and go the easy route.. but hey, we are NY'rs.. we got accents and can't spell.. So we have to take the shortest route.. LOL!!!!!!:D

Could you believe that post.. glad you popped in on that!

:D

Some people really want or need to save money.. I rather cut something else out and go the easy route.. but hey, we are NY'rs.. we got accents and can't spell.. So we have to take the shortest route.. LOL!!!!!!:D

Could you believe that post.. glad you popped in on that!

When we took the CTN a couple years ago my husband said that we should take the subway since we would only have one bag each. I said ok, you take the subway and I'll take a cab....LOL!!!!! :D Of course, he ended up taking the cab along with me. :p

Ohh yeah that woman on the other post really made me mad.

Yup that's right, don't know why she asked about Bklyn if she's sailing on the Miracle.

Sorry, we thought it was the Brooklyn Pier. Thanks for the info on the cab fare. $40.00 doesn't seem that bad. We are comparing the cost of flying from Buffalo which is about 1 1/2 hour drive to driving to NYC.

Sorry, we thought it was the Brooklyn Pier. Thanks for the info on the cab fare. $40.00 doesn't seem that bad. We are comparing the cost of flying from Buffalo which is about 1 1/2 hour drive to driving to NYC.

Actually it will be more like $45 from JFK to the Manhattan pier, it's further than Bklyn.

Driving down from the Toronto area should take about 8 or more hours I would think.

Archived