FAO those who did the May 4 nighter to Cork on the Indy!

Was it the port or starboard side that was to the dock side?

I am sure I have read on here that it was the port side.

I booked a balcony guarantee and have been allocated a starboard cabin.

With it being a guarantee cabin do you think RCI would change it to the same category on the port side. (I have checked and there are still cabins available)

Thank you

Don't get too crazy about it because you might switch to the other side for your sailing. It is all determined by the harbor master (not sure if correct title) and they could change it each sailing. A lot is dependent on weather conditions, sea conditions and who else is in port that day.

I was on the 21st May sailing to the Canary Islands. I am "ship-sick" so just had to book another cruise.

Any must see's/do's in Cobh/Cork. Will the shops etc all be open with it being a Sunday?

Thank you.

When we were there in May on a Sunday there was a wee market with craft stalls local food etc and entertainment (a band) in the small gardens. There were a few shops open but it's not a very big place. All the pubs were open :D The Titanic Trail was open and a few other craft shops in the same area which is only a few feet away from where the Indy docks.

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know.

I was on the 21st May sailing to the Canary Islands. I am "ship-sick" so just had to book another cruise.

Any must see's/do's in Cobh/Cork. Will the shops etc all be open with it being a Sunday?

Thank you.

We decided to do our own thing in Cork on the Sunday and went in by shuttle bus. It was very quiet in Cork; a few shops were open but mainly not open until midday I believe. I would recommend booking one of the trips so you get to see the best things. Alternatively go into Cork on the Saturday, I expect it would be more lively then.

Have a great time.

Nina

Archived