Book Nook question on FOS?

Has anyone who has sailed on FOS recently noticed whether the Book Nook is still there on deck 5 next to Cafe Promenade or has it been changed to something else? It is still showing on the deck plans, but when we were on FOS in Oct 2006, it appeared to be very rarely open and even when it was, it appeared to be very under utilised. Just wondered if RCI had decided to extend Cafe Promenade into this area.

It was too bad. I think they could have moved a lot of paperbacks but they tried mostly to sell pricier hardcovers.

That's exactly what I feel! I think the Book Nook should have been a really good paperback bookstore. I doooooooo feel they could have offered a great service that way. How many people really would buy coffee table type books on a cruise? Who wants to lug those home? A good selection of paperback books would have been a great addition to the ship, in my opinion.

Lynn

Yea, I noticed the same thing to in October 2007 on FOS. I asked one of the Loyalty Ambassador's on the Freedom about it, Cindy, and she said (this was a couple of months ago) they will change it into an office for the Loyalty Staff/Future Cruise Staff, just as they did on the Liberty already. So I guess they did go through with it.

Yea, I noticed the same thing to in October 2007 on FOS. I asked one of the Loyalty Ambassador's on the Freedom about it, Cindy, and she said (this was a couple of months ago) they will change it into an office for the Loyalty Staff/Future Cruise Staff, just as they did on the Liberty already. So I guess they did go through with it.

Hi cot427, was the Loyalty Ambassador Cindy Dangel? We've only been on 4 cruises and she's been on 2 of them (Navigator & Freedom). I think she's great, she even organised a birthday present to be delivered to the cabin for me last time on Freedom in 2006!

It was too bad. I think they could have moved a lot of paperbacks but they tried mostly to sell pricier hardcovers.

I agree wholeheartedly about selling paperbacks. I always bring a few books with me, but by the time I've been reading on the trip over to Florida (approximately 11 hours and it relieves the boredom of Atlantic flights) and relaxing on the ship, I invariably run out of books and could do with buying another.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere onboard where you can leave books you have finished with?

I have been to resorts before where you can leave books you have finished with so that other holidaymakers can utilise and enjoy. Mind you I suppose some sort of 'book exchange' wouldn't allow them to sell their own and make $$. :)

The resort my family always stays at in Cancun offers a book exchange and it's great! You can borrow a paperback from it and leave yours for others to share! When I heard "book nook" that's what I assumed it was, not a regular book store. Silly me :)

Archived