QM2-Formal in lounges/G32 Club

xxjs

Is there a dress code in the G32 club or any of the other bar/lounges on the Queen Mary 2? For example, would formal wear be required in these places later on in the evening after dinner? Is there a specific dress code in general, or is it similar to any other nightclub one may attend in a city? It may be worth mentioning that I'm asking this on behalf of myself (im 21) and my 19 year old brother.

In general people follow the dress code all night. On formal night the guests in the bars and lounges do wear formal dress.

In the G32 one might find a mixture later in the night, some people in their formal dress as well as some people who changed in something else.

Is there a dress code in the G32 club or any of the other bar/lounges on the Queen Mary 2? For example, would formal wear be required in these places later on in the evening after dinner? Is there a specific dress code in general, or is it similar to any other nightclub one may attend in a city? It may be worth mentioning that I'm asking this on behalf of myself (im 21) and my 19 year old brother.

The dress code at G32 is the same as the rest of the ship in the evening. Formal wear on formal evenings, sports jackets on elegant casual evenings etc. And on my transatlantic a couple of weeks ago I did not see any who had changed out of their formal wear any evening.

I have to say that at 21 and 19 you could very well be among the youngest onboard and you might find yourself the only ones in that age group. On our sailing our small group aboard had two in your age group and they were the only ones I noticed in your age group! I suggest taking your laptop and some video games.

I suggest taking your laptop and some video games.

If you were to do that, you would miss out on so much that QM2 has to offer. Age has nothing to do with it--go and dance the night away. Take the dance classes--they're free. Attend lectures. Walk around and look at all that is on offer: it's listed in the Daily Programme that you get each night before you retire for the night. And you may be surprised at the number of young people you'll find onboard. You don't say whether yours is a crossing or a cruise, or what time of year you are considering: it will make a difference during school vacations.

Enjoy it, and come back to let us know how you liked it!

thanks for the info all. I'm going to be on the upcoming July 4th cruise of the East Coast with my family, so I'm hoping there will be at least a somewhat younger crowd than what one may typically find on a trans-atlantic crossing. It does sound like it tends to be very formal, which I dont mind at all.

thanks for the info all. I'm going to be on the upcoming July 4th cruise of the East Coast with my family, so I'm hoping there will be at least a somewhat younger crowd than what one may typically find on a trans-atlantic crossing. It does sound like it tends to be very formal, which I dont mind at all.

I do think the July 4 cruise will be different than a trans-atlantic as far age. The dress may be looser too.

We were on a very similar cruise last month (Memorial Day to Halifax and Boston). We noticed a group of teenagers, perhpaps 8 or ten and another small group of small children. I don't recall seeing people in your age group. Having said that, there is so much to do of interest to young adults, such as the lectures, the planetarium shows, the musical shows, etc., you'll have a great time.

FYI, the dress code for our 5 night Memorial Day getaway was 2 Formal, 2 Elegant Casual and one Casual. We did see a few people dressed down at G32 later in the evenings on formal nights, but they did kind of stuck out as most people remained in whatever the dress code was for the entire evening.

As previously mentioned, everyone pretty much follows the nightly dress code. No one will complain if the guys take off their jacket. On most nights we find G32 really gets busy about 12am and later which is typical of most clubs around the world. That's when the younger crowd comes out. You might even find some of the senior staff there. DJ Cracker will play just about any type of music you want as we always have fun till the wee hours.

Archived