We're back...AOS

Friday we were in St.Maarten when we woke up. We got off the ship as early as possible, after a quick breakfast in the windjammer. We bought all day passes for the water taxi, costing $6 pp, and headed downtown. We planned to do a little shopping but most of the stores were not open yet as most opened at 9:30. But we had the America’s cup 12 metre challenge booked for the morning and had to head back at 9:30 to meet them by the ship. We grabbed a iced blended coffee from Rituals Coffee, St.Maarten’s Starbucks, on the way back . The coffee was good, but nothing can beat real Starbucks. After meeting at the dock for our tour, we made our way to where we were supposed to meet the boats, but a serious squall of wind and rain came through. It felt like being outside during a hurricane here in Florida. Our tour guide said this was the first rain they’d had in St.Maarten in a year! He pushed the tour back to 12:30, but we decided to cancel because St.Maarten is one of our favorite shopping ports. We were so cold, we went to buy a towel before taking the water taxi again to the shops. We got some great jewelry and knock-offs. We ran in to other people who had the America’s cup booked and they said it got cancelled all together. I was upset that we couldn’t do our excursion, but shopping cheered me up and I knew we’d be back to St.Maarten very soon! Our money was returned to our account that afternoon. Tonight was another production show, which we skipped. We went to the late night comedy, which wasn’t very late (10:15) and it wasn’t very funny either. There was also a parade and deck party Friday night.

TO BE CONTINUED…

I would love copies of the compasses as well, if you don't mind. We are sailing in late September. Thanks so much for the reviews!!!!

Vicki

scrapwithvicki@comcast.net

Are you going on AOS Sept 28th? If so--we have a meet & greet on the boards--not sure if your name is over there?? if not come on over..http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=623929

I want to say it was Tuesday ot wednesday, but I'm not 100% sure...:o

Appreciate the time you took to reply, I asked one of the RCL reps on the phone and she told me that it isn't always the same night every sailing & seeing as we're sailing Haloween week it may change more than normally,

who knows? Cheers

Thank you so much for the compass that you sent over. I forwarded them over to our friends that have never cruised before. I am sure they will enjoy getting to see what types of things are going on for them to get involved with. I have enjoyed your review. Thank you so much for sharring about your great week!

Bill

I made a pdf file based on the compass files that Goldengirl sent me, which is about 60MB. I would like to share it with those in need, and thus upload it to two file-sharing websites (megaupload and yousendit). Anyone who wants it can just click the link and download it from either website. Here are the links:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XNSAVHIR

https://download..yousendit.com/CE365F14541A53A5

Thanks again to Goldengirl for sharing her experience!

We’ve been to St.Thomas a million times, so this time we decided to go to water island. We woke up early because we had to be to the dining room for immigration before 9. It was a quick and easy process, and we were out in no time. We had a quick breakfast at the windjammer (for the last time = [ ). We took a taxi to Crown bay Marina in St.Thomas. Some ships dock here, but the AOS docks at havensight. It cost us $8 pp one way from havensight. The ferry is small and red (you can't miss it). It runs back and forth most of the day. If you google water island, it has a website and on that website there is a schedule for the ferry. The ferry cost $9 pp roundtrip. It's a short ride... around 7 minutes. Once on the island we walked to honeymoon beach, which is gorgeous, and straight down the road from Phillip's landing, where the ferrys dock. You have to walk up and down hills, so wear comfortable shoes. There are no cabs here... you're on your own. We walked as I mentioned, we tried to rent a golf cart from some of the properties, but it didn't work out. You can take a guided bike tour, which can be booked through the ship. All we did was go to beach, but I really wanted to see more of the island, and plan to return and stay on the island for longer than a day. We were the only people on the beach, nothing like St.Thomas. If you have been to St.Thomas so many times and want to get away from the crowds, come to water island!! If you get hungry, there's Heidi's beach bar on Honeymoon beach and depending on when you're there, a pizza boat runs up and down the beach. Honeymoon beach has restrooms as well. Back on St.Thomas, we had lunch at Tickle’s, (at crown Bay) and the food was excellent. We did some shopping and headed back to the ship. We watched us sail away from our last port and said goodbye to the AOS. Dinner tonight was great and the waiters even sang to us again. After dinner we bought 5 pictures from the photo gallery (we couldn’t decide) and went to the farewell show. This was great! Then, unfortunately, we had to pack.

The next morning, we had breakfast in the dining room, then waited in the Solarium for our number to be called. We went straight to the airport and sat in the airport all day.

Overall, we had an AMAZING cruise aboard the Adventure. The service was great (except for bar staff), the food was yummy and the ports were all great!

THE END

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your trip summary onboard the AOS. We will be going in October and can't wait. I have been reading everything I can about this ship and am so excited....If it is not too much trouble, may I add my name to the list of those you are sending copies of the compass too? My address is: Dez914@aol.com

Thank you so much in advance.:)

Connie

Archived