Black Falcon Pier To Boston Aquarium?

Maraprince

Fastest way is probably a cab or the shuttle as it is too far to walk. Cheapest way is to use the subway. Take the Silver Line (bus) to South Station (Red Line) to Downtown Crossing; take Orange to State Street and then either walk to the Aquarium or take the Blue Line to the Aquarium Stop.

It is less than two miles from the pier to the Aquarium.

A cab ride should take 10 minutes and cost $10.

Public transportation will cost you $2 each and take about 45 minutes.

If it were me, I would take a taxi there, and walk back if I still had the energy. But if for some reason there are no taxis to be had, I'd just start walking.

Two If By Sea,

Okay, we will want to go into Boston proper for the day so I guess it is better to leave the museum until later and get back to the ship after we see it. Don't know if this will be by foot, cab or public bus.

Do you need exact fare -- tokens, tickets, or what -- and where do we go to purchase it or can we do it as we enter the bus?

MARAPRINCE

Two If By Sea,

Do you need exact fare -- tokens, tickets, or what -- and where do we go to purchase it or can we do it as we enter the bus?

MARAPRINCE

Check the MBTA website - http://www.mbta.com/ - and you'll find everything you need to know about the Boston transit system, known locally as "the T" - buses, subways, harbor ferries and suburban rail. Single trips are a little expensive, but there are all sorts of unlimited "Charlie Cards" available, depending on how long you'll be in Boston.

Bob

Archived