Playa Mia Beach Break Review

coboo

We went on the Playa Mia Deluxe Beach Break through Carnival. The drive to the beach took about 15 minutes. The skies were overcast and it had rained the night before. We hoped we wouldn’t spend all day dodging rain showers and only had one short 5 minute shower. It was funny to see all of the already wet people run for cover. Mom and I sat under our umbrella and waited it out. We were treated to beautifully jade green water and an almost black sky on the horizon. Even though there wasn’t much to see, we snorkeled and saw some small fish. The water was heavenly. I thought it would be warm, but it was actually a little chilly.

Our waiter was very attentive and brought me several very tasty margaritas and mom bottled water. We ate a lunch buffet of salads, chips and salsa, chicken and pork tacos. There were also chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. The beach area has been remodeled since the last posting of pictures. There are now regular lounge chairs and a large open patio buffet area. We were able to shower and change into dry clothes before returning the bus.

Several have posted that there was a $5 charge for the umbrella. I only had to sign for it and then inital when I took it back. The water now comes in bottles not cups like previously posted. The beach was not crowed at all.

Here are some pictues. They aren't great, but if you are bored you can play "find the little fishes" in the underwater pictures.

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk264/coboo25/Cozumel/

THanks so much for the review! Glad to know they have regular chairs. The time I went they had those aweful chairs but everything else was above standards!

You don't know how happy I was to walk in and see those chairs. I was so worried about getting in and out to the other ones.

• 2 weeks later...
Our waiter was very attentive and brought me several very tasty margaritas and mom bottled water. We ate a lunch buffet of salads, chips and salsa, chicken and pork tacos. There were also chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. The beach area has been remodeled since the last posting of pictures. There are now regular lounge chairs and a large open patio buffet area. We were able to shower and change into dry clothes before returning the bus.

Thanks for the great review. Just what I was looking for. :)

One question... were the buffet and drinks included in the excursion price? It was a little hard to tell from the description on the Carnival excursion page.

Archived