Anyone else charged for towels?

THis seems ludicrous to me. We have 2 teenagers who will be in their own room and now I have to make sure they sign out and return towels everyday. My daughter has waist length hair and requires 2 towels just for her hair. I want to go on a cruise to relax not inventory towels every day or have to fight with customer service to have incorrect charges removed.

This doesn't apply to the normal bathroom towels. Your daughters can get as many of them as they want from your cabin steward. This only applies to what I would call beach towels - the extra large ones to put on chaises by the pools or take with you off ship for the beach. We didn't have to sign out beach towels everyday - we only signed them out once. If they got wet, we simply went to the beach towel station and exchanged them for dry ones. It was only on the final day that I went there and said I was from cabin 9704 and I was returning two towels. The attendant got online and checked me out.

i never use the ships / hotels towels by the pool etc...

i have one of those micro pack towels (although how they can call it micro is weird as it's almost as big as me!)... and it's very absorbant, so no lying on a damp towel after coming out of the pool/sea etc.

they dry within mins of airing and pack up into a small bag which easily is carried around when out and about....

mine is from the uk, but for my colonial friends i guess you should look in a good outdoor store for a similar item...

plus being that hopefully no quabble about towel charges should ever arise..

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/274907%7C%7Cmc2008%7C0%7Cuser%7C%7C23%7C

just a picked out site but gives you an idea.....

We save every single receipt from the cruise and keep them in a top drawer in the cabin. We always add them up the day before the cruise ends to make sure our SeaPass accounts match the total. Much easier for us to have a care free cruise to do this on the last full day onboard.

Do pretty much the same thing. If the final bill adds up then we throw then away.

Archived