Travel agent screw up made right

I just wanted to share this story. So many times on cc we here about bad travel agent issues and thought a positive one would be nice.

I booked a Granduer cruise via a travel agent. (not sure if Im allowed to post from where on cc) Mid way thru, prior to the payoff date, I called to make sure I had the correct payoff and due date. The TA gave me the info requested. 2 months later, I called back to pay the balance. Now my balance is $500 more than what he told me 2 months back. Now I needed more time since it was costing more than expected and I am on a budget. The TA also now gave me a different due date, stating my balance was due NOW!!:eek:

Well...up until now I was completley pleased with his service. I did not blow up, or get angry with him, I did however inquier why the mix up. It seems that when we switched ships several months back he had the wrong (original) info in his computer and THAT is what he quoted me when I called him 2 months prior. I knew I could't get but so mad since I am responsible with keeping up with such things as payoffs and balances. But the info he gave me really screwed up my budgeting.

I asked for a small extension and it was granted. Later on in the day he called me back and told me he was forgoing 100% of his comission because he felt so bad about giving me the wrong info. I insisted he did not need to do that, but he said he already had subtracted it, and just asked me to use him again for my next vacation so he could make it up. My new balance was close to what was stated the 2 months prior.

I thought this said alot for him and his company. I just wanted to share.

I just wanted to share this story. So many times on cc we here about bad travel agent issues and thought a positive one would be nice.

I booked a Granduer cruise via a travel agent. (not sure if Im allowed to post from where on cc) Mid way thru, prior to the payoff date, I called to make sure I had the correct payoff and due date. The TA gave me the info requested. 2 months later, I called back to pay the balance. Now my balance is $500 more than what he told me 2 months back. Now I needed more time since it was costing more than expected and I am on a budget. The TA also now gave me a different due date, stating my balance was due NOW!!:eek:

Well...up until now I was completley pleased with his service. I did not blow up, or get angry with him, I did however inquier why the mix up. It seems that when we switched ships several months back he had the wrong (original) info in his computer and THAT is what he quoted me when I called him 2 months prior. I knew I could't get but so mad since I am responsible with keeping up with such things as payoffs and balances. But the info he gave me really screwed up my budgeting.

I asked for a small extension and it was granted. Later on in the day he called me back and told me he was forgoing 100% of his comission because he felt so bad about giving me the wrong info. I insisted he did not need to do that, but he said he already had subtracted it, and just asked me to use him again for my next vacation so he could make it up. My new balance was close to what was stated the 2 months prior.

I thought this said alot for him and his company. I just wanted to share.

And will you use him again, after the efforts he made to satisfy you?

And will you use him again, after the efforts he made to satisfy you?

Well, lets see....I was so pleased with the way he took care of me that I took the time to share the story on the internet. I would say "yes":D

I will use him again.

Archived