You cruise director's name?

Imagination 7/95 - John Heald (my friends and I were dying when referring to crocheting as "crotcheting" - we loved him)

Celebration 3/96 - ???

Fantasy 9/02 - ???

Miracle 12/06 - Chris Roberts

Imagination 5/07 - Malcolm Burn (before he was officially promoted)

Valor 10/07 - Chris Jefferson (my favorite)

Valor 4/08 - Chris Jefferson

I will just go back 10 years, since so many are no longer with Carnival.

Actually there are some from 99-02 that I am fuzzy on.

If anyone knows who was the CD on the Tropical July 8, 1999 (I think it was Dave Armour) OR Inspiration November 18, 2001 (I think it was Lenny Halliday) OR the Fascination (San Juan) July 15, 2000 or the Jubilee July 27, 2002....I would love to find out. THANKS!!!

These are the ones I can remember...

Peter Gibbs (twice) no longer with Carnival.

Corey Schmidt - Conquest 2002 no longer with Carnival.

Mark Price - Fantasy March 2003

Risa Barnes - Holiday July 2003

Paul Santley - Holiday Oct. 2003

Jeff Bronson - Paradise June 2004

Shawn Bussey - Sensation Nov. 2004

Shawn Bussey - Spirit July 2005

Chris Jefferson - Pride March 2006

Chris Roberts - Miracle October 2006

Big Tex - Fantasy Dec. 2006

Big Tex - Fantasy March 2007

Big Tex - Fantasy August 2007

Malcom Burn - Victory Sept 2007

Steve Cassel - Holiday Dec 2007

Jorge - Imagination January 2008

Kevin Noonan -Imagination February 2008

Jen Baxter - Legend May 2008

You guys are amazing, I can't remember one!

We are just starting our cruising addiction, so we remember them all!

7/2005 Celebration - Big Tex

7/2007 Inspiration - Darcy Knieval

8/2007 Liberty - Todd Wittmer

12/2007 Celebration - Paul Santley

We've liked them all, although I have to say Todd and Paul stood out the most. Todd because he's so personable, I really enjoyed his announcements and shows. Paul, because he actually had jokes I hadn't heard before.

Next up 1/2009 Splendor - I'm hoping it's John Heald but that might be when he goes on vacation.

Malcolm Burn wasn't the CD on our last Victory cruise,6/19/08. The CD on this cruise was Brad something. Not as good as Malcolm. He tried but his jpresentation was just not there. He seemed to try a little too hard for the laugh but it didn't happen.

• 2 weeks later...
We may ( or may not) have gotten to know them so well, if we did not have a son with Autism. When Funship Freddie was introduced in 2003, (our son has panic attacks around mascots) we thought we would have to stop cruising.

But Corporate made it possible to use the Entertainment staff as a "buffer" to protect him from FF and now 22 cruises later...our son LOVES cruising and has actually used this experience to learn to compensate (extract himself safely when exposed). He still won't go shake his hand, but he has learned (at the age of 16) that he can "co-exist" from a distance on the ship with FF.

So glad that Carnival uses the staff to buffer FF from your son. What a great short story to read:) . Thank you for posting and God Bless. Maybe we will see you on a cruise in the future. Happy sailing:) .

Triumph ~ March 2005 ~ Chris Jefferson

Glory ~ February 2006 ~ Mark Price w/ help from Noonan & Wee Jimmy

Victory ~ August 2006 ~ Dana Hodson

Triumph ~ January 2007 ~ Paul Santley

Legend ~ February 2008 ~ Jen Baxter

My cruise out of NYC in August of 2006 had what I considered to be the best entertainment I have yet to see on my Carnival cruises. I just found an old Caper from that cruise and the entertainers were Analyn Gepte & Jamie Rae. I wonder if they are still working with Carnival? Probably not since many entertainers come and go and move on to other things but these two were fabulous. The shows we saw on this cruise were Living In America, Rock Down Broadway & Vroom, to date they are IMO the best I have seen on a Carnival cruise.

Our CD on this cruise was one we had hoped to not see again on another cruise. I will never forget when he told us & our fellow cruisers that "his style as a CD was to be a source of information NOT an entertainer." We never have come across him again and looking at everybodys lists it looks like he has moved on.

I did just search Analyn Gepte and from what I can tell she was working on the Carnival Paradise this past May. From what I can tell about Jamie Rae he was employed with Carnival in 2007 but I can't find anything as to what ship he might be on now or if he is even still with Carnival.

• 9 months later...
:: Carnival Victory - Malcolm Burn

:: CCL Legend – Brett Alans

:: CCL Miracle – Mark Hawkins

:: CCL Pride 7/16/03 – Brain Freeze

:: CCL Legend 10/17/02 - CTN THERE WAS NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:: Destiny 4/29/01 – Also Brain freeze

:: Victory 9/14/00 - Cory Schmidt

:: Triumph 9/99 - John Heald

:: Jubilee 4/98 - Dave Armour

:: Imagination 4/97 - Cory Schmidt

:: Imagination 4/96 - Cory Schmidt

:: Fascination 4/95 – Brett Alans

:: Ecstasy 4/18/93 - John Something. He was wee with a British accent.

:: Fantasy 5/25/90 - Eddie Capone

:: Jubilee 5/13/90 - Dave Armour

:: Jubilee 4/24/88 - Bob Something. He had a puppet, and looked like Roger C. Carmel

Be great if someone can help me out with my two brain freezes. Or my two somethings.

See? Facebook is good for something. I found the info to complete the name of the CD from my first Carnival cruise. It's Bob Hamil. He was our first cruise director, and thought he was really good. Now I just need to figure out that guy from my Ecstacy cruise, and my 2 brain freezes.

• 2 months later...

Wow, I'm impressed that you all can remember your info, either because of numerous cruises or going back so many years! :p

I've cruised with Steve Cassel twice; Jorge Saldano; Wee Jimmy and Tory Secoy. I've left one out that I can't remember.

Legend - Brett Alans (Brent Mitchell (aka "Nancy") was some sort of assistant)

Fascination - Dan Ghiardeli (I know I spelled the last name wrong, but something like that)

Dan Gilharducci perhaps? If so, how did you like him? I'll have him on the Pride in early August!

Carnival Legend- Brett Alans...His assistant Renaldo did all the legwork.

Carnival Glory-Carlo Lombard. A fill-in. Now on some other line as a shopper

Carnival Legend-Jen Baxter. Filling in for Brett Alans..She was great

Carnival Liberty-Todd Wittmer...The Best...By Far !

Carnival Miracle-Brent Mitchell...The Worst...By Far...

Carnival Freedom-Todd Wittmer and Asst. CD James... A Fantastic team.

We booked the Dream because they are "rolling" it out. But Todd will be on Vacation and we are supposed to get John Heald !:D

This thread is over a year old, but I love talking about the best CD. John Heald was our CD on our last cruise in Europe last September. He is the Senior CD for Carnival Cruise Line for a reason, he is hands down the best CD ever. Granted I am only going by four cruises but I know a good CD when I see one, and John is it.

5/09 Glory :Todd Witmer (So So)

12/08 Splendor: Goose (Nonexistent for the most part)

The only other one I remember over my 20 carnival cruises is Lenny Haliday (twice) on the Inspiration around 2002 and I only remember him because he was roaming around daily and generally reeked of alcohol. Other than that I don't remember anyone else as they add very little to my cruise experience.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Mark Price is retiring May 1st.

He is a great CD and will be missed!!!

Wow...Mark seems kind of young to be retiring...but he has been at it a pretty long time. I know he trained Risa Barnes when she was starting out.

He and Lynka (karaoke host on the Glory when I was on with them) were supposed to be getting married and transferred from the Glory to the Conquest together. Do you know if they ever married?

They would do a rendition of Sonny and Cher "Babe" as a part of their act on Legends night...and they were incredible.

Hey, I cant wait to hear your review of the Dream...we are thinking of going on her in March.

JB

"Give me Karaoke...or give me a piano bar...but no matter what I am going to sing."

Archived