Catholic Churches near San Pedro & Anaheim?

vossjemi

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn San Pedro pre-cruise. Is there a Catholic Church nearby within walking distance we could attend Sunday morning prior to taking our shuttle to the ship?

After our cruise, we will be going to Disneyland. Staying at Howard Johnson's across the street. This one may be more difficult as Mass may be all over by the time we get there. But, just in case, is there one close within walking distance of the Hojo?

Thanks!

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn San Pedro pre-cruise. Is there a Catholic Church nearby within walking distance we could attend Sunday morning prior to taking our shuttle to the ship?

After our cruise, we will be going to Disneyland. Staying at Howard Johnson's across the street. This one may be more difficult as Mass may be all over by the time we get there. But, just in case, is there one close within walking distance of the Hojo?

Thanks!

Closest is Mary Star....7 blocks away.

http://www.marystar.org/

Thanks! No I didn't know google map would do this for me. I think I have google earth downloaded at home. Is that the same thing? Do you just do a search of catholic churches in a certain town & it will find it for you?

Thanks! No I didn't know google map would do this for me. I think I have google earth downloaded at home. Is that the same thing? Do you just do a search of catholic churches in a certain town & it will find it for you?

They are not the same thing.

Google maps is part of regular Google. If you type in "Anaheim, CA" a zip code, etc. one of the results will be a map. Click on it and it will change to google maps. Business names or types of businesses can be searched, a list and map location will show up on the map. It can also provide driving directions. The map can be a street map, satellite view, or a composite of both. Google maps can also be accessed from main google by selecting the "maps" link near the search box.

Google Earth (as you probably know) does 3D views of the Earth with information available on various locations. It requires software to be downloaded to make it work.

The best way to view this is Google Maps is yellow pages and a road map. Google Earth is an atlas.

Google has a ton of features that make the tutorial worth the time. Did you know it will find photos and images, track FedEx / UPS packages, convert pounds to kilos, translate from one language to another, and lots more? Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In San Pedro, I used http://www.sanpedro.com as they have an interactive map, and it actually looks like St. Peter is closer to the HI. We were thinking of doing Gaffey Street Diner for breakfast, which is 2 blocks up, and St. Peter just looks like its 2 blocks over from that. Thing is I can't find a time for St. Peter's mass. I'm not finding a website, and the St. Peter on masstimes.org isn't the same address as the one I'm finding. The one I'm finding is at 338 N Grand Ave. Anyone know how to find out the time short of calling the church once I get there?

In San Pedro, I used www.sanpedro.com as they have an interactive map, and it actually looks like St. Peter is closer to the HI. We were thinking of doing Gaffey Street Diner for breakfast, which is 2 blocks up, and St. Peter just looks like its 2 blocks over from that. Thing is I can't find a time for St. Peter's mass. I'm not finding a website, and the St. Peter on masstimes.org isn't the same address as the one I'm finding. The one I'm finding is at 338 N Grand Ave. Anyone know how to find out the time short of calling the church once I get there?

I was not aware of that church so I drove by this morning to check it out. It is a very nice "old" church but is in a predomintely Hispanic area so the sermons are mostly in Spanish with a few English sermons speckled in. I went by and took a quick pic of their sermon schedule. Hope this helps.

Image.jpg.08f85a556e053c990058d36453288eb7.jpg

It does! Thank you sooo much! I have attended Spanish masses before in Cancun and although my spanish is limited, I enjoyed it very much. But, it looks like they have a 10:00 am English Mass so we'll probably attend that since its not too far from where we'll eat breakfast. Woohoo! Next weekend here I come!

I notice the marquis has 2 addresses on it. Is the church and office at different places? Is Farrell street where the church is? I'm a little confused by that.

It does! Thank you sooo much! I have attended Spanish masses before in Cancun and although my spanish is limited, I enjoyed it very much. But, it looks like they have a 10:00 am English Mass so we'll probably attend that since its not too far from where we'll eat breakfast. Woohoo! Next weekend here I come!

I notice the marquis has 2 addresses on it. Is the church and office at different places? Is Farrell street where the church is? I'm a little confused by that.

The church is located at the intersection of O'Farrell and Grand Ave. Hence the two addresses. It's hard to miss.

Archived