JetBlue Feb. bookings

FurKids

Do you think JetBlue will open booking for February soon? I'm getting nrevous about the prices on the other airlines going up and would feel better about having set plans.

Hey I am waiting for April so I assume at July 1, the Feb. flights will open.

Marilyn

Do you think JetBlue will open booking for February soon? I'm getting nrevous about the prices on the other airlines going up and would feel better about having set plans.
I would imagine soon.

I know I got a special e-mailed to me from them just a few days ago for 10% off on flights. Book now through June 26, and fly September 3 through October 31, 2008. It is a special code that you use. I am registered with on their website with TrueBlue.

I got that same email, and it made me think that maybe the Feb itineraries will come out June 27. I also need a Feb flight and keep watching the other airlines' fares keeping going up and up and up. :eek:

Jetblue is still stuck at Jan. 31, 2009. Give it time, check their website every day, they should be extending their booking dates late in July. In the meantime put up your feet and give your drink a stir!!:)

If you are worried that airfare will go up before you have a chance to buy your JetBlue (B6) tickets, there are three things you can do:

1) Buy a ticket NOW at a price you are comfortable with - even if it is not on B6. There is NO WAY to ensure that you will have that price available down the road. THIS THREAD is one of many lately that have pointed out that fares on Southwest and the like are going higher, and that waiting has its price. Taking this option will lock in your fare, give you "set plans", and remove those sources of nervousness.

2) Wait for B6 to open their schedule and then book your tickets. Doing so will get you on that specific airline. It will NOT ensure that you have a "good" fare, nor that you will have saved anything by waiting. It will not alleviate any nervousness or anxiety in the interim.

3) Cancel your trip completely. With no impending need for air travel, no nervousness or anxiety - it's someone else's issue.

It basically comes down to that.....what's most important to you - then act on that decision.

I'm one of those people waiting for JetBlue to book our return flight in February. I've been watching fares for months and honestly with the exception of Airtran and one other flight I saw months ago on Continental haven't seen any flights with times, connections and fares on airlines that I wanted to book without spending a fortune for the flight. Airtrans is the last flight out of the day and that is never a good bet to book if there are any problems even if the price is good. Other airlines had flights through connecting cities I'm not happy to fly through in Feb and/or used regional jets for one of the legs that I wasn't happy using or had many rediculously short connecting times. I still have the option of spending the night in FLL and flying home the next day as there have been some reasonably priced flights early in the morning but when the additional cost of that is factored in a higher priced ticket on Jet Blue then we've been used to paying the day of the cruise will still be a better overall price with hopefully good connection times on an airline I've been been overall happy with for many flights. Patience is sometimes still a virtue !;) And yes, I'm feeling lucky !:)

Hi: I live in Western New York (Buffalo) - where do you live?? I have been checking Jet Blue daily - also need to book my return flight from Orlando to Buffalo on Feb. 4th - no schedules yet but the lowest fare is $ 99 which is

great. By the way, does anyone know when the Super Bowl is and where it

will take place?? If it's in Fla - might be a problem.

Hi: I live in Western New York (Buffalo) - where do you live?? I have been checking Jet Blue daily - also need to book my return flight from Orlando to Buffalo on Feb. 4th - no schedules yet but the lowest fare is $ 99 which is

I am 99% sure that it is Tampa Florida. Thought i read that somewhere.

marilyn

Hi: I live in Western New York (Buffalo) - where do you live?? I have been checking Jet Blue daily - also need to book my return flight from Orlando to Buffalo on Feb. 4th - no schedules yet but the lowest fare is $ 99 which is great.

DO NOT ASSUME that jetBlue will have those same $99 fares available when the new schedule block is released. As other posters have noted, fares on Southwest have been significantly higher than in the past. Just because fares are currently at that rate is no guarantee, or even suggestion, that you will be able to book that in the future.

I sure would not count on those fares staying at $99.00.

Also, the Super Bowl is in Tampa, February 1, 2009.

I sure would not count on those fares staying at $99.00.

Also, the Super Bowl is in Tampa, February 1, 2009.

I agree. I saw an article yesterday about other airlines cutting flights specifically to Orlando. Because there is less competition there is less incentive for Jet Blue to offer a $99 fare on that route AND with the Super Bowl in Tampa on February 1st, flights into and out of Orlando (as an alternative major airport to Tmape) will be expensive for the week before and after the Super Bowl.

great.

I'm close by. Little town of Elba east of Buffalo. The good part is that I'm almost equal distance between Buffalo and Rochester airports so I have the option of using which ever has better prices and flight schedules. Buffalo usually has the better price but not always. I'm not expecting a $99 fare plus taxes from FLL home Feb 13th but am hoping for the $120 plus taxes range and anything less would be great !! We'll see what happens. Also hoping that they don't cancel our non-stop flight out Jan 31st but if they do there's several other one stops I can take so I'm not particularly worried about that since we are going three days early to enjoy FLL before our cruise but there are so few non-stops out of Buffalo (even before the current situation)that it would be nice to be able to be on one in January :)

We are booked on the non-stop out of Buffalo to Orlando at 11:55 am arriving at about 2:45 pm. I could have done a cheaper one with connections via NYC which I think is silly but didn't see the need to be up at 5 am to save a

few dollars. Also the connecting flights arrive about the same time as the direct one - so I'd rather not be rushed in the morning. Also, as it is January,

will give us more time to drive to airport in case of bad weather. We are on the Mariner of the Seas around South America.

Archived