New VIKING SUN in 2005

goeurope

Viking River Cruises is building the VIKING SUN, a three-deck, 198-passenger Rhine River cruiser that will offer a 12-day "Treasures of the Rhine" itinerary between Antwerp and Basel (or v.v.) from April through December of next year. Viking has a "virtual shipyard" with pictures of the ship under construction at:

http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/promo/vikingsuntour/

Also, I've been in correspondence with Bob van Beek, Viking's yard supervisor at the Merwede Shipyard in the Netherlands, and I've written an article that incorporates his remarks about the new ship at:

http://europeforvisitors.com/europe/cruising/viking-sun.htm

Durant,

Thank you for the information on the new ship for Viking. Your article was very informative and from the things you mentioned, they are paying attention and adding some things that will be appreciated by their passengers.

We were on the Viking Spirit for our first European River Cruise in August/September. We fell in love with it. We had only been on one European Canal Cruise from Amsterdam to Bruge several years ago. The Viking Spirit was truly first class and we think the additions they are making to the new ship will be a big improvement. I agree with the "no balconies" because with windows that open you can take photographs and get fresh air but without losing the cabin space.

Thank you for all of your excellent information that you provide to travelers to Europe.

Pat

Archived