Countdown Clock help

I know this isn't the right category for this question, but I'm having trouble setting up my countdown clock. I got to the point where I had to cut and then go into Edit Signature. When I pasted into the top section where it said Signature - No Advertising Allowed, and tried to preview, all I saw was the string that I'd just pasted. So then I pasted into the section below, and the preview showed "Invalid File". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

I know this isn't the right category for this question, but I'm having trouble setting up my countdown clock. I got to the point where I had to cut and then go into Edit Signature. When I pasted into the top section where it said Signature - No Advertising Allowed, and tried to preview, all I saw was the string that I'd just pasted. So then I pasted into the section below, and the preview showed "Invalid File". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

You paste in the portion that says "edit signature" - not in the preview. If I remember correctly - it might only show the string until you save, go out and then look at your signature again.

In other words - you might be doing it right - just save it, exit and then look again.

You paste in the portion that says "edit signature" - not in the preview. If I remember correctly - it might only show the string until you save, go out and then look at your signature again.

In other words - you might be doing it right - just save it, exit and then look again.

MNfamilycruiser: Maybe you can help me.:) I entered the wrong date on my clock. I've tried and tried to figure out how to change it to the right date, but can't seem to get it done. :o Do you know how to go back into the clock and correct the date?:D If you look at my clock below it says I set sail on 7/1, but we're actually leaving on 7/26! Thanks!

MNfamilycruiser: Maybe you can help me.:) I entered the wrong date on my clock. I've tried and tried to figure out how to change it to the right date, but can't seem to get it done. :o Do you know how to go back into the clock and correct the date?:D If you look at my clock below it says I set sail on 7/1, but we're actually leaving on 7/26! Thanks!

Using mine as an example...

If you go into your User CP and edit signature, you should see something similiar to (a [ has been removed to keep the code from displaying the image)IMG]https://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?name=Marlissa&date=12-12-2008&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Norwegian Jewel[/img

To change the date, locate the date in yours and change it to the correct day and preview (I've bolded my date for easier locating). If it looks correct, save.

Obviously that didn't work. :confused: I'm at work and can't mess with it anymore. I'll have to study it when I get home tonight.

Thanks again.

I copied your code and pasted it into my signature area and preview. It showed correctly (did not save it).

This IS NOT in my signature, but in my post. In looking at your code and what I pasted, your smiley did not copy, try removing the smiley after Kokomo (and maybe the ')' if that is extra also) and see if that helps.

countdown.pl?name=rarescrambler&date=10-26-2008&image=Beach-10&text=That

Archived