public transportation in Vancouver

My group of 5 will be Vancouver for a 2 day pre cruise stay in July. On friday, we are planning on heading out in the morning to chinatown and then to gastown and then over to the capilano suspension bridge and on up to grouse mountain. We have reservations for dinner at grouse mountain and hope to catch the sunset.

I am trying to map out the route via bus/seabus from our hotel, the Times square suites on Robson.

My question is regarding the fares--It seems that I read on here somewhere that you could purchase a day pass or something, but I can't seem to clarify that. If so, can you tell me where to purchase it?

Thanks for any advice/help!

Yes there is a day pass - it is $9.00 a day - valid after 9AM - can be purchased at many convenience stores or from the ticket machines at the Skytrain stations - you will want to take the Sea bus to Lonsdale Quay and then the bus to the bridge and up to Grouse. Sea Bus goes from Waterfront station which is only a couple of blocks from Gastown.

Perhaps Vicki B - who is a transit driver will be able to give you some more tips on enjoying our transit system.

Cheers and hope that you have a great visit.

Dennis

My group of 5 will be Vancouver for a 2 day pre cruise stay in July. On friday, we are planning on heading out in the morning to chinatown and then to gastown and then over to the capilano suspension bridge and on up to grouse mountain. We have reservations for dinner at grouse mountain and hope to catch the sunset.

I am trying to map out the route via bus/seabus from our hotel, the Times square suites on Robson.

My question is regarding the fares--It seems that I read on here somewhere that you could purchase a day pass or something, but I can't seem to clarify that. If so, can you tell me where to purchase it?

Thanks for any advice/help!

Yes there is an all day pass that you can buy at a tranist station or conveience store for $9. Your best bet from the Times Square would be to go to a conveience store either on Robson or Denman St. and purchase them.

Great--that is just what I needed to know. It looks like $9 will be a bargain for the day if we get everything in.

I found the trip planner link on the transit site--Is there a general rule that the buses, etc. run every 10 or 15 minutes during the peak times. I am not sure we will still be on a schedule by the end of the day and I am trying to make sure we still have a way to get back!

also, is the vancouver lookout a worthy stop?

Thanks!

If you are reffering to the lookout at Harbour Centre then sure it is. However if you do make it up Grouse Mtn. then it may be a bit of a duplication but that said the Harbour Centre tower lookup will give you a much more intimate view of the city, the harbour and the North Shore mountains. That drop down transit schedule is pretty easy to use but if you have any problems then come on back and we will help you with your trip.

Yes that $9 pass is a great deal.:)

Incidently if it is cloudy, rainy day I probably wouldn't advise going up Grouse Mtn. as you won't have the views that you are likely gooing for. I would suggest Plan B might be Granville Island.

Archived