Starboard or Port

shashi883

I personally don't think it matters as you never know which way the ship will be docked, and you'll have sun on your balcony half a day no matter which side of the ship you're on. Having a balcony is the major thing for me.

We'll be in a balcony cabin on the port side for our So. Caribbean cruise in Nov. of this year. My husband and I love to sit on the balcony and watch the sunset. We just decide if we want to see the sunset during the first part of the cruise (southbound) or on our return northbound. Since the sunsets can be awesome while at sea, you may also want to see which direction of the cruise has the most times as sea during the sunset time of day.

We'll be in a balcony cabin on the port side for our So. Caribbean cruise in Nov. of this year. My husband and I love to sit on the balcony and watch the sunset. We just decide if we want to see the sunset during the first part of the cruise (southbound) or on our return northbound. Since the sunsets can be awesome while at sea, you may also want to see which direction of the cruise has the most times as sea during the sunset time of day.
Great tip! We are sailing from Ft Lauderdale to the Eastern Caribbean and 6 days are headed south. We booked starboard as that should give us 6 nights of sunsets! Thanks for the tip!

Great tip! We are sailing from Ft Lauderdale to the Eastern Caribbean and 6 days are headed south. We booked starboard as that should give us 6 nights of sunsets! Thanks for the tip!

Good choice. Another consideration is that the prevailing wind will come from the port side of the ship while heading south which is another reason we also choose starboard side. If you ever do a Panama Canal trip full passage this also holds true for the Pacific while heading north.

SaltwaterTwo

Good choice. Another consideration is that the prevailing wind will come from the port side of the ship while heading south which is another reason we also choose starboard side. If you ever do a Panama Canal trip full passage this also holds true for the Pacific while heading north.

SaltwaterTwo

Thank for the additional info! Our cruise starts in Ft Lauderdale, then the private island, St Maarten, St Thomas, Grand Turk, and then heads back. We originally were on the Port side, and I would have been disappointed to miss 6 nights of sunsets and have stronger winds. Thanks to all!

Archived