Just retuned from med on celebrity

rednails

Hi I just returned from the celebrity summit in the Med with a 3 and 7 year old. We had a blast and Europe was very doable with kids. Best piece of advice is to take a good three wheeled jogging stroller. These saved us big time. I took a BOB revolution which was worth its wait in gold. We went to Barcelona, Nice, Monaco, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Capri, Sorrento, Athens, Santorini, Dobrovnik, and had no problem wih the stroller or kids geting bored. Eze, Pompeii, and Venice were the most difficult for a stroller so we did not take it just left it on board or with the driver. You also mostly never have to fold your stroller in Europe unlike the US. We took some private tours, some ship tours, and some on your own tours. With the kids I liked the on your own stuff better. Europe was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Expense was comparable to any big city. I did not see any crime and felt safe most of the time. We are not beach people and have done Disney over and over so this was a great vacation. Worst part was the flight had direct flights no problems but traveling is getting more crowded than ever. The Delta people would not let us sleep. I think we got served drinks and snacks plus a meal at least 3 times or an 8 hour flight. Had 2 full length movies,news tv shows and were offered Duty Free shopping. A 3 hour flight to MCO barely gets you a bag of pretzels and a cup of water. My kids liked the Fun Factory. I thought it was to much video games and karoke than organized activity. There were 150 kids on our cruise, just about right for me. Overall, I choose this cruise for number one the itinerary, number two the price, number three the ship. The ship showed some wear and tear but was clean food was also good, coffee was awful. They want you to buy drinks, coffee, and alcohol. I know some bar tabs were more than the cost of the room. I personally can buy better alcohol, wine, coffee at home.

Hi rednails! Welcome back from overseas. Thanks for your review. We are heading to the Med in a few weeks too and can't wait!

What sights did you see in Rome? And, how long did you spend in Pompeii? Also, what type of tour did you take in Florence?

Thanks!--CeleBrat

We did the celebrity imperial Rome excursion which included the basilica, trevi fountain, the forum, and the colliseum with lunch. We only stayed at Pompeii for two hours as we did capri, sorrento earlier in he day. I did not really enjoy pompeii, It was hot and our guide was not very good. To much like a boring lecture. Its kind of like I did it ...won't go back. We were more interested in taking pictures than history. I know were bad, but I figure I can learn about the history later..... I can only take pictures now. Florence and Pisa we did on our own, Celebrity basically drops you off in Pisa and then in Florence but you go around on your own no guides just a map. This was our best tour because the leaning tour was amazing and very photogenic we got some great family pictures. Florence was incredibly crowded. We just walked around and saw all the major landmarks from outside and the replica David. My parents saw the original David and the guide practically spent 45 minutes on its history alone. I nor my kids would tolerate that.

Archived