carnival wedding decisions... i need help!

So today at work has been slow and I thought that I would complete the paperwork that should be returned back to Carnival concerning my upcoming wedding. Although my fiance and I have discussed the menu and the options for the cake, he is up for whatever I go for. So here come the questions...

1. What flavor cake and what type of filling? I have never had a cake with "filling" (at least that I am aware of) and need some guidance. I am leaning towards mixed tiers with chocolate filling, but could use outside opinions.

2.On the menu there are a lot of items I am not familiar with and feel as though my family may not try. We're too country for fancy food:) We are leaning towards Grilled Portabello Mushrooms and Baby leeks in Balsamic Vinaigrette for the appetizer, Linguine with smoked turkey and sundried tomatoes for Pasta, Blackened Chicken Breast with Peach Chutney, Jicama Slaw and Dirty Rice for the Main Entree. The dessert is wide open. He was leaning in on Chocolate Tres Leche, but I worry that with wedding cake that is too much and a fruit might be better. Any thoughts? Anyone remember their menu or have had any of the selections?

3. We had discussed the Video Packages and decided that we didn't want someone following us around and us having to make time to be interviewed, etc. Is it all that much better than if we have family do it?

4.Flowers... After looking at many pictures, I am 100% certain I am overwhelmed. I do not really want all white flowers and it seems as though all the ships have different looking bouquets. I think I have narrowed my flowers down to A) Pink and White Roses, hand tied with silver ribbon or B)Pink Calla Lilies hand tied with silver or white ribbon. Any thoughts? Also considered high end silk flowers as an alternative.

5. What are your husbands to be wearing? My fiance is lost on what he needed to wear. Any ideas?

Please help???

So today at work has been slow and I thought that I would complete the paperwork that should be returned back to Carnival concerning my upcoming wedding. Although my fiance and I have discussed the menu and the options for the cake, he is up for whatever I go for. So here come the questions...

1. What flavor cake and what type of filling? I have never had a cake with "filling" (at least that I am aware of) and need some guidance. I am leaning towards mixed tiers with chocolate filling, but could use outside opinions.

2.On the menu there are a lot of items I am not familiar with and feel as though my family may not try. We're too country for fancy food:) We are leaning towards Grilled Portabello Mushrooms and Baby leeks in Balsamic Vinaigrette for the appetizer, Linguine with smoked turkey and sundried tomatoes for Pasta, Blackened Chicken Breast with Peach Chutney, Jicama Slaw and Dirty Rice for the Main Entree. The dessert is wide open. He was leaning in on Chocolate Tres Leche, but I worry that with wedding cake that is too much and a fruit might be better. Any thoughts? Anyone remember their menu or have had any of the selections?

3. We had discussed the Video Packages and decided that we didn't want someone following us around and us having to make time to be interviewed, etc. Is it all that much better than if we have family do it?

4.Flowers... After looking at many pictures, I am 100% certain I am overwhelmed. I do not really want all white flowers and it seems as though all the ships have different looking bouquets. I think I have narrowed my flowers down to A) Pink and White Roses, hand tied with silver ribbon or B)Pink Calla Lilies hand tied with silver or white ribbon. Any thoughts? Also considered high end silk flowers as an alternative.

5. What are your husbands to be wearing? My fiance is lost on what he needed to wear. Any ideas?

Please help???

#1 - Cake...I went with mixed tiers & strawberry filling. For variety purposes.

#2 - Food...How in the heck did all you brides get a food list? :(

I was told it sorta like "chef's choices".

#3 - Video...to me this was sooooo not worth the price.

It would be nice but I'd rather direct my money elsewheres.

#4 - Flowers...It depends on the type of wedding you are going for.

To me..roses can give that causal or formal feel.

Calla lillies are to formal for me. Definatly elegant.

#5 - Attire...Fiance is wearing black shirt, black pants, turquois tie

with his tropical looking boutineer. I don't want the wedding

to be to formal, so we decided to leave out the tuxes and

the suits. Again..this depends on the look you are going for.

Well in terms of the menu, my paperwork indicated that the chef decides the menu, so although a lot of the foods aren't what my family and I would typically eat, I decided that we will roll with the flow. Who knows we may enjoy it, and if not since my immediate family is all cruising we'll just eat at the lido deck later :). In terms of attire,I have all of my men in the wedding wearing black single breasted suits. The ties and hankies were purchased from afterhours (David's Bridal partner) so that they match the females perfectly (my wedding is apple red, white, and black with silver accents). I chose the (I think) buttercream with vanilla icing. I don't like the way that white roses look beige, so I made my own bouquet of red roses with pearl beading in it (simple, yet elegant). My attendants are also carrying rose bouquets, but their bouquets are smaller versions of mine. My Jr. Bridesmaids are carrying kissing balls made of red and white roses. I hope that this helps. Happy Planning :)

First off, congrats on the upcoming wedding!!

For the cake I chose buttercream outside, chocolate on the inside

The food I did receive the choices when we first booked but was told it is subject to change so I am waiting until a few weeks before to decide

We have opted not to do the video. It truly wasnt worth the money they are asking

For the flowers I felt for the port of NY their floral choices were very expensive. So we went though wedideas.com and ordered beautiful silk flowers

As far as the attire, my FH is wearing a tux and I believe his groomsman are also doing the same. My BM are wearing Chocolate Brown dresses so I need to tie in their colors some how into the guys tuxes

I hope this helped and have a great time planning !!!:)

I am a MOB and this will be our family's 2nd cruise wedding.

1.Cake.. We had never had filling either so first DD wedding she choose no filling. bad choice it was yucky. This upcoming wedding my other DD chose chocolate I think.

2.Food...Are you having the lucheon? Both of my DD chose the 1 1/2 hour reception.....so I am no help there but your choices sound very good!:)

3.Video...My first DD did have the video of her Glory wedding and I have to tell you it is way better than anyone of your guest could do unless they are professionals. DD recieved three copies which were edited and personalized for them. It was great to share with those who could not attend the wedding. They were jealous they had not been there!;) The wedding was in 2005 and we still enjoy watching it. To us it was worth the money. DD gettting married in Sept will also be getting the video.

4.Flowers...First DD upgraded her bouquet from Carnival. She sent in photos of what she wanted and they replyed with a price of 100.00 to upgrade to dozen pink and white roses handtied with ribbon. For her bridemaids we had silk bouquets made and brought them with us.

For the upcoming wedding DD is making all of her flowers herself using silk flowers and I have to say they look great!

5.Attire... Both chose to rent the tuxes thru Carnival. Worked out very well and each came with two shirts. Was great for those cruising they could use them for the week on formal nights.

Have fun and congratulations!

I am on Carnival as well, and we are having the luncheon (which it sounds like you are too).

1. We are having chocolate cake with raspberry filling.

2. My fiance's family our down-home Texas folks, so we are avoiding fancy food too. We are having a salad for the appetizer, the Linguine with smoked turkey for our pasta, and the steak (I think it's a filet) for the main dish. My fiance also wanted something chocolate for dessert, but I convinced him to go with fruit because of the cake.

3. We are not doing the video because we do not want to spend the money, but to each their own.

4. I am giong with the white rose bouquet. Again, wanted to spend my money else where. But, calla lillies are my favorite flower, so that would be my biased vote for you.

5. We decided to go more casual for the men. My dress is a fairly simple, strapless, floor length destination dress, so it won't seem to dressy. He and the best man are wearing black dress pants and white linen shirts.

By the way, when is your wedding and which ship are you getting married on?

First Congrats, second breathe! I understand it is a lot, but trust our gut and we are all here for you.

I did Carnival, but we had hors , not a luncheon. Sounds like you are having the luncheon? If so they way you talk about your family and not wanting so formal maybe consider changing to buffet hors?

1. We had mixed layers with strawberry. It was delicious. I highly recommend it

2. We did not have choices, probably because of us not have luncheon. But all the food we had was very good, nice variety and a ton of it. Sorry can't help more

3. We did not do the video but I wish we had, just the more basic package. It went by in a blur and I really wish I had one.

4. I understand the frustration. I had Carnival change my color, but I used the bouquet from them as decoration. I instead ordered silks so I could get exactly what I wanted and so that I could keep them. If you do go with silk order them from someone who does high quality that lok real. I used www.detailsbyjlynn.com You can look at my pictures which are in my signature to see examples of the carnival flowers as well as the silks. My suggestion is if you want certain flowers like the calla, go silk.

5. Do what you are comfortable with and use your dress as a guide. I had a floor length spaghtetti strap with a few crystals simple yet elegant. We decided to have John in a tux. But I really love the more casual look for men. Especially no jacket. But what does your fiance want to wear?

Good Luck with everything, try not to stress and just roll with it.

First Congrats, second breathe! I understand it is a lot, but trust our gut and we are all here for you.

I did Carnival, but we had hors , not a luncheon. Sounds like you are having the luncheon? If so they way you talk about your family and not wanting so formal maybe consider changing to buffet hors?

1. We had mixed layers with strawberry. It was delicious. I highly recommend it

2. We did not have choices, probably because of us not have luncheon. But all the food we had was very good, nice variety and a ton of it. Sorry can't help more

3. We did not do the video but I wish we had, just the more basic package. It went by in a blur and I really wish I had one.

4. I understand the frustration. I had Carnival change my color, but I used the bouquet from them as decoration. I instead ordered silks so I could get exactly what I wanted and so that I could keep them. If you do go with silk order them from someone who does high quality that lok real. I used www.detailsbyjlynn.com You can look at my pictures which are in my signature to see examples of the carnival flowers as well as the silks. My suggestion is if you want certain flowers like the calla, go silk.

5. Do what you are comfortable with and use your dress as a guide. I had a floor length spaghtetti strap with a few crystals simple yet elegant. We decided to have John in a tux. But I really love the more casual look for men. Especially no jacket. But what does your fiance want to wear?

Good Luck with everything, try not to stress and just roll with it.

I checked out the website. She has beautiful bouquets in the portfolio. I have asked for a quote.

Thanks!

Archived