Valor or Legend for Kids??

KyleesMom

Hey yall. I posted this on the carnival board but its not getting any action so I thought I would ask all the moms and dads of cruising. We will be taking our 2 and 4 year old on a cruise next year and I have narrowed it down to the (carnival) valor and legend...if anyone has been on these ships...did you like it?? They will do kids camp but I wanted some other fun stuff to do on the ship with them.. We have cruised on the Fantasy with our then 2 year old and I felt it was kinda small...Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks

Tif

We were on the Legend last year, and had a great time. If I were you, I would choose the cruise by itinerary, not ship, since most of the Carnival ships are similar. All the Camp Carnival activities and facilities are the very similiar fleet-wide. And, all of the Carnival ships have some great pools, and usually a slide.

CeleBrat

We've sailed both Valor and Legend - I'm assuming you're interested in the Western Caribbean itinerary on Valor, since it's close to Legend's itinerary. I think both ships are pretty comparable when it comes to kids' activities, both inside and outside Camp Carnival. Both ships have a waterslide. Valor has mini golf - I don't know whether Legend does yet. Both have the Lido deck pizza, hot dog/hamburger grill, and ice cream. We had a great time on both ships. Hope this helps - I'd be happy to try to answer questions about either ship or the Western itinerary!

We sailed on both the Legend and Valor, too. My son was 2 & 3 when we were on the Legend and 5 on the Valor. He had a great time on both ships and I would say that the camp area and other features/areas are comparable.

Archived