Comfort Suites NOT $200.00

4bellablue

I have been all over these boards and it seems that every one says to do the Comfort Suites instead of paying $105.00 pp for the day pass at Atlantis.

Well we are going Feb 21st

All sites quote 293.00 plus all other taxes ect. Comes to $394.00

If anyone can tell me where I can get the $200.00 price I would just love it.

Thanks,

Jeane

I went to choicehotels.com - put in Nassau Bahamas - Comfort Suites Paradise Island and put in the dates that we will be leaving for our cruise - September 28.

2 Double Beds, Suite,

No SmokingMax Occupancy:

4 persons from

1 King Bed, Suite,

No SmokingMax Occupancy:

4 persons from

2 Double Beds, Suite,

No SmokingMax Occupancy:

4 persons from

2 Double Beds, Suite,

No SmokingMax Occupancy:

4 persons from

1 King Bed, Suite,

No SmokingMax Occupancy:

4 persons from

2 Double Beds, Suite,

No SmokingMax Occupancy:

4 persons from

1 King Bed, Suite,

No SmokingMax Occupancy:

4 persons from

I believe the room also comes with FOUR PASSES to Atlantis.

Total costs will vary depending on the time of the year, day of the week, and number (and ages) of the people in the room.

We are paying around $187 for the room (around $211 with all taxes, fees, surcharges included) on 8/29 using the Significant Organization discount.

EDIT:

I just checked, and that discount does not appear to be working. However, I rechecked the prices with my AAA, and they dropped below what the Significant Organization discount was - it is now $158.26 for one night on 8/29 (Room & Tax) and an extra $24 in energy and housekeeping surcharges for a total of $182.26. There are four of us - 2 adults and 2 kids under 12.

See the following about surcharges:

"Hotel Alerts: Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Children under 12 stay free if sharing room with parents. Children 16 or older charged as adults, an additional 40.00 plus taxes and service charges per night. Energy Surcharge: 8.00 per night (all persons 16 yrs and older) and housekeeping gratuity 4.00 per night (all persons 12 years and older) are additional charges that are not included in the estimated total and must be paid directed to the hotel. Five rooms or more is considered a group - please contact our Stateside Sales Office at 1-800-417-6738 Ext 24 100 percent smoke free hotel as of Sept. 1, 2007"

Hope this helps.

I have been all over these boards and it seems that every one says to do the Comfort Suites instead of paying $105.00 pp for the day pass at Atlantis.

Well we are going Feb 21st

All sites quote 293.00 plus all other taxes ect. Comes to $394.00

If anyone can tell me where I can get the $200.00 price I would just love it.

Thanks,

Jeane

What are your dates? Holidays and others times it can be HIGH! We checked during spring break and it was going to almost $400 for 4.

it just depends on when you're going, I guess. I checked the rate for January 30th (when we will be there) and with taxes for 4 people, it is $285. Still a bargain considering Carnvinal is charging, I believe, $150/person. I'll take it!

What are your dates? Holidays and others times it can be HIGH! We checked during spring break and it was going to almost $400 for 4.

Hi Bob:

We are going Feb 25th 2009. I did check the rates and it will be around $400.00.

I am turning more toward The Sheraton and Wyndham. It's only $15.00 and the pool and beach look cool.

I just don't think Atlantis is worth it. I read that Wyndam is a bit far and to take the Jitney $1.00 per person.

With the money were saving we will be ale to get nice lunch and cocktails.

I would like to do an itinerary for the day. My son can't sit around at pool so I think I might send my husband to the Pirate museum.

Is this a cool place for 8 year old, he's ADHD.

Thanks any help on doing an itinerary would be great

Jeane

• 2 weeks later...

End of Feb. is near or the beginning of Spring Break for Colleges... that is why the high price. Plus the fact that it is COLD up north. Many here think that Atlantis is not to be missed for the slides/lazy river/etc. Atlantis is impressive.

I personally would rather do other things. Many threads here talk about self-guided tours/fish Fry at Awarwak Cay/Cable Beach/Ardastra zoo/etc.

Have fun with whatever you do.

Fall is the cheapest time, and spring/summer is the most expensive. I would guess that your February date is getting too close to spring break. I personally wouldn't pay more than $50 pp or so for Atlantis--it's just not worth it. The money would be better spent at a water park around home. If I were you, I would find something else to do this cruise, then book a fall one next time and plan to go to Atlantis then.

Archived