CB Staterooms - Caribe or Baja ??

Jimjam

What is the difference on the CB between staterooms on the Caribe & Baja decks??

We prefer a larger and a 50/50 covered balcony. Would this be the case on the Caribe deck?? I believe the Baja balcony is covered.

Thanks for you help...

The interior of your baja deck balcony cabin will be the same size/set-up as your caribe deck balcony cabin - the only difference is the balcony size.

(Following applies to side of ship cabins only and not aft facing balconies)

Baja deck balcony - sized 9 ft wide x 5 ft deep with full ceiling cover. (Same with Lido, Aloha, Riviera).

Caribe deck balcony - sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep with ceiling cover over first 5 ft. with last 4 ft of balcony uncovered.

My vote - Caribe is your better value for the larger balcony.

What is the difference on the CB between staterooms on the Caribe & Baja decks??

We prefer a larger and a 50/50 covered balcony. Would this be the case on the Caribe deck?? I believe the Baja balcony is covered. .

I think you answered your own question.

If you prefer a larger and a 50/50 covered balcony, go with Caribe.

NZIMG_7658.JPG

We prefer a larger and a 50/50 covered balcony. Would this be the case on the Caribe deck?? I believe the Baja balcony is covered.

Definitely go with Caribe. You are correct in that the Baja balcony is covered but it's also much smaller than the Caribe deck balconies. The cabin sizes are the same so if you have a choice, go with Caribe.

Are you able to have full loungers on the Caribe deck balcony or only the semi loungers?

Last year on the Crown, we requested full loungers but were told no (we were, however on Baja deck - fully covered - and told it was a fire hazard)

Thanks to anyone who can provide answers.

Luckyroot -- I would assume you could get a full lounger if they removed a couple of the regular chairs.

That's what we did on the Coral Princess on the Caribedeck which I believe is about the same size as described on the CB..

The interior of your baja deck balcony cabin will be the same size/set-up as your caribe deck balcony cabin - the only difference is the balcony size.

(Following applies to side of ship cabins only and not aft facing balconies)

Baja deck balcony - sized 9 ft wide x 5 ft deep with full ceiling cover. (Same with Lido, Aloha, Riviera).

Caribe deck balcony - sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep with ceiling cover over first 5 ft. with last 4 ft of balcony uncovered.

My vote - Caribe is your better value for the larger balcony.

so C215 is too far forward for these balcony dimensions?

I was on Baja and it only had two chairs and was completely covered. I asked for a lounge chair and was also told no because it was a fire hazard.

The thing I did like about the Baja balcony was the the fact that it was completely covered. I was able to look down at the balconies below me and I was thinking to myself that I prefer the privacy of not being looked down on.

The thing I did like about the Baja balcony was the the fact that it was completely covered. I was able to look down at the balconies below me and I was thinking to myself that I prefer the privacy of not being looked down on.

I would think that be the last worry cramped on a 3000 person ship! :p

although I am feeling like I will be looking for a lot of peace and quiet + room service on my balcony

Just got off the CB. Had Caribe C719. Great room. Great location. Towards the back, but was quiets. Not far from elevators, cabins above and below. Not noisy. Nice large balcony. 2 chairs, small round table , 2 semi-loungers. We used the two regular chairs to put our feet up on when using the semi-loungers. Worked fine.

Archived