Eden Rock vs Paradise

packedandready

We've snorkeled at the Paradise Restaurant and would like some information about the Eden Rock dive center. How is it compared to restaurant area?

We first learned about Eden Rock on these boards and so it was on our list for our next cruise. We got off the ship, walked down the street, saw people shorkeling at a restaurant and into the water we went. And, we've done this for the last 4 years.

I recently emailed Eden Rock and was informed that I was not snorkeling where I thought I was:p . They were very quick to explain that I was at Paradise Restaurant and NOT at Eden Rock Dive Center. Sooooo.....Is one better than the other? How is the water entry at the dive shop? Entry at the Paradise can be a little difficult at times. Thanks

We've snorkeled at the Paradise Restaurant and would like some information about the Eden Rock dive center. How is it compared to restaurant area?

We first learned about Eden Rock on these boards and so it was on our list for our next cruise. We got off the ship, walked down the street, saw people shorkeling at a restaurant and into the water we went. And, we've done this for the last 4 years.

I recently emailed Eden Rock and was informed that I was not snorkeling where I thought I was:p . They were very quick to explain that I was at Paradise Restaurant and NOT at Eden Rock Dive Center. Sooooo.....Is one better than the other? How is the water entry at the dive shop? Entry at the Paradise can be a little difficult at times. Thanks

They are next door to each other. I think entry at Paradise is easier - at Eden rock it is down a ladder. I found the people at Eden Rock friendlier and certainly isn't as crowded.

That's funny! We also stopped at the Paradise cafe and snorkeled last month, thinking we were at the Eden Rock that is often mentioned on these boards. However, we were very happy with the snorkeling there. At first, we thought there was nothing to see, but as we ventured to the outer edges of the marked area, we found plenty of good stuff. The big fish that greeted us as we entered the water were way cool! LOL! We loved snorkeling there, but I think we'll go to Sunset House next time, just to see something different.

We too enjoyed snorkeling there. But, the first few times we were there the price was $6 or $7 (snorkel equipment rental) pp plus the cost of the locker. THIS time the cost was around $25 pp plus the cost of the locker.

That was a really big price increase. Which is why I'm checking on the "real" Eden Rock:D

Archived