Paging Bekah- Video Questions!

Hey Bekah,

I'm so excited to hear how well everything went- Congratulations! You've been a huge help to me and many other brides on here. So I wanted to know, how did the video turn out? Was it a pain like some people have mentioned on here (about them following you around and such)? Also, what did it include and what suggestions would you make, if any?

I have yet to book this, but am going to in the near future. I know this is a first come service, so I want to make sure I book soon. I don't know why I'm so hung up on this, maybe it's because I'm not expecting wonderful pictures.

Thank for everything!

Hollie

Hey Hollie! Good to hear from you!

So here's the skinny on the Carnival Videographer:

First, let me say...SO WORTH THE MONEY!!!! We also had my brother-in-law use our camcorder and to be honest there is no comparison! We neither one could really remember much about the day until we watched the video!

We purchased the cheaper, basic video package. Our video consists of "Pre-Wedding" individual interviews (although for us these didn't actually happen "pre-wedding"), the ceremony, the reception, a Photo Album (with pictures from the wedding), "Post-Wedding" interview as a couple, various honeymoon footage around the ship. We felt a little cheesy while filming the honeymoon footage, but it was edited so well, it did not look faked at all. The entire video is to music (and you can bring your own music selections for the video-FYI) except for the actual ceremony.

The video crew on the ship have all of the audio equipment that miked us to the camera so you can hear us say our vows, etc... perfectly on Carnival's video. On our personal one, you can't hear anything.

Was it a pain? Yes and no. The cruise as a whole was not nearly as relaxing as we had hoped, we felt like we still had to deal with so much "wedding stuff" from looking at pictures, picking out pictures, picking up the pictures, filming post wedding interviews and honeymoon footage, and then editing the video. Editing the video was pretty cool, they set up a time with us to be in our stateroom, so of course we invited our parents to our room, and they played the video on a channel that only we could view. And we called them with anything we wanted added or omitted.

The one thing that I wish I'd been prepared for was, during our reception(which was only 1.5 hours), the videographer took my husband for his "pre-wedding" interviews and kept him for 20-30 minutes. I refused to do mine until after the reception was over. If we had known this, my husband would have refused to do his interviews during the reception, too. The time is way too quick to waste on the interviews.

If I had it to do over, I would certainly, without any hesitation, have the videographer. It is priceless as far as I am concerned!!!

Archived