Alaska on the Sun!

littlestars

We are booked already and have a forward on deck 10 but my parents want to join us and are looking for an aft on deck 9 I think? Would this be best as there is only cabins above and below (I believe?!)

Would you go for 9077 or 9075. Is it best to have a true aft in 9077 or is the 9075 better in any way (does the balcony wrap around?)

Thanks for your help again! :)

We are booked already and have a forward on deck 10 but my parents want to join us and are looking for an aft on deck 9 I think? Would this be best as there is only cabins above and below (I believe?!)

Would you go for 9077 or 9075. Is it best to have a true aft in 9077 or is the 9075 better in any way (does the balcony wrap around?)

Thanks for your help again! :)

I was in 9278 on the Sun and the aft location really spoiled me. I doubt I'll want to book any other location now. Deck 9 aft is very quiet because of the buffer of cabins above and below. I never heard any noise except for the wonderful wake...sooooo soothing!

I was in 9278 on the Sun and the aft location really spoiled me. I doubt I'll want to book any other location now. Deck 9 aft is very quiet because of the buffer of cabins above and below. I never heard any noise except for the wonderful wake...sooooo soothing!

Sounding good! And right next door! Thanks :D

We booked early and were able to get room 9075 or 9275 (cannot remember now right off the bat). Read somewhere the room was a bit smaller but the balcony wrapped a bit and was larger. We are looking forward to this location as the aft has always been our favorite part of the ship. I just read somewhere on one of these links that the soot from the smokestacks gets all over the balconies located on the aft portion of the Sun. Could it really be that bad that others would complain and have it ruin their trip or is it a matter of 'certain things bother some more than others'? What is your experience for the aft balcony rooms on the Sun? Very sooty, a little sooty or not even noticeable? Does being on deck 9 vs deck 10 make a difference?? We are going to stay in this room either way (very much so looking forward to it as a matter of fact) but was just curious if I should bring more black clothes than white....you know, if I am spending most of my time out on the balcony? We haven't really encountered a lot of soot problems except for on one older Princess ship that is no longer in the fleet.

We booked early and were able to get room 9075 or 9275 (cannot remember now right off the bat). Read somewhere the room was a bit smaller but the balcony wrapped a bit and was larger. We are looking forward to this location as the aft has always been our favorite part of the ship. I just read somewhere on one of these links that the soot from the smokestacks gets all over the balconies located on the aft portion of the Sun. Could it really be that bad that others would complain and have it ruin their trip or is it a matter of 'certain things bother some more than others'? What is your experience for the aft balcony rooms on the Sun? Very sooty, a little sooty or not even noticeable? Does being on deck 9 vs deck 10 make a difference?? We are going to stay in this room either way (very much so looking forward to it as a matter of fact) but was just curious if I should bring more black clothes than white....you know, if I am spending most of my time out on the balcony? We haven't really encountered a lot of soot problems except for on one older Princess ship that is no longer in the fleet.

There was some occasional soot on the balcony of 9278...maybe twice on a 7-day cruise. I just put a towel on my chair and problem solved. It did not bother me at all. The location and view far outweigh any very minor soot issues. You can always call housekeeping to clean it up if it's an irritant. Don't worry...you're goiing to love love love an aft balcony on the Sun!!

Thanks for the updates...

I just know we will enjoy this immensely. We particularly wanted the wrap balcony (just a bit of extra balcony room on those end cabins). The only rooms left are right under the pool and don't want to change to one of those (too noisy)!! We booked this almost a year ago (yeh, no fuel surcharge) when all room choices were available but didn't really want to be sandwhiched in between two suites....thought this might be a bit quieter (ah, no guarantees)! Glad to hear very little soot...thanks again.

Sorry about the late reply. My sister is in town and haven't logged on lately.

Anyhow, the two cabins that are in the very aft of the ship on the port and starboard sides BEFORE looking directly out at the wake show a slight wrap for the balcony although the cabins themselves are touted to be a teenie bit smaller. Think they are the X075 and x275 on each deck. They are not a true wrap balcony but in looking at pictues and at the professional review, these balconies are said to have a slight wrap towards the back so you can see forward, straight out and also see the wake. They are also said to be a bit bigger than the standard balcony although are in the lowest balcony category due to the room size.

Sounds perfect to me and appreciate the feedback on the soot not being too much of a problem.

Archived