Inside Guarantee

Oakville

Cod posted the comment that "We took an inside guarantee..we paid for a twelve and are now an 11 with high hopes of a couple of moves up."

Can anyone tell me how and when you find out if you have been upgraded? We sail on December 11, 2004.

Hi, I have to clarify...I was going in the wrong direction #-wise when I talked about 12 and 11. On the Opera, 1 is the lowest inside category and so we are at 2, or at least we were when we booked. What I like about the Opera lay-out is that the cabin decks are not at the bottom but further up. My main hope booking an inside guarantee is that we end up somewhat in the middle no matter what deck we're on.

(In my own defense, we are going on the Galaxy next month and their lowest inside is a 12)

As for your question, I think our TA said we wouldn't know our cabin assignment untill pretty close to our sail date. This the first time we've booked a quarantee so I hope it all works out. Let us know how your guarantee turns out AND some cruise comments.

Good luck and have a good time! (Are you going on one of the 'baseball players' cruises? What a great idea for baseball fans! I grew up in the Bronx and saw many games at Yankee Stadium with my dad back in the late 40's and 50's. I was - and still am - a big fan).

Thanks COD. More in your defence - you did clarify in a later post.

Although I booked this cruise to re-experience some real Italian food and lifestyle, I too am a baseball fan. I spent many afternoons at Parc Jarry where I watched my beloved Montreal Expos play ... back then, a double play was as good as a win. Interestingly, a former Expos pitcher will be on the cruise - do I ever have a captive audience!

Yes, I will let everyone know if, how, and when I get any upgrade and will try to guess the criterea used.

And yes again, I am so appreciative of the comments made by you and other posters that it will be my pleasure to report back.

• 1 month later...

Our Purolator courier package with air and cruise tickets for the December 11, 2004 sailing arrived November 23. I had booked an inside Category 1 and the cabin reference on the cruise tickets shows that we have been upgraded to an inside Category 4. (This was the first indication of an upgrade received.)

Bring on the prosciutto! I'm starting to taste it now!

Archived