Eze vs St Paul

If you had to chose between these 2 towns, which would you opt for and why?

Looking forward to hearing from those, perhaps, who have been to both and can comment on the pros and cons of each town. We will be in the area mid-July.

As always, I appreciate the feedback I get.

When I am in that part of France I go to St.P every chance I get and it never gets old,at least for me. Eze is fine,but there is something special IMHO re St.P..still have not figured it out so have to go back again:)

We would agree with the other post that St Paul de Vence is the place to go. The problem is that St Paul de Vence is located away from the trains, and its a pain to get to the place (one of the reasons we always rent a car).

Hank

We had a private tour (4 couples from the ship) to tour from Cannes with Med Tours. It was perfect!! The cost is about 500 euros, but split 4 ways was comparable to the ship excursions. We put 122.5 euros on our charge card and it came out to be $191 for the 2 of us.

The tour was 8 hours, picked us up in Cannes, and from there we went to Eze, Antibes, Nice, and St Paul de Vence (maybe not in that order). We had total control of where we went and how long we stayed there. I would suggest you arrange a tour and post on your roll call for people to join you. It is the best and easiest way to see the whole region in a short time.

We love Eze primarily, because we have befriended a couple of the merchants over the years. St Paul is fantastic and much larger so I would tend to agree despite my love for the Limoncello at Les Trois Etoiles in Eze. If you have a car and are a Matisse fan, the Chapelle du Rosaire in Vence is wonderful. And second Hank's recommendation for the car- the scenery is fantastic and the ability to stop and take pictures, particularly on your drive into St Paul is worth every penny. Have a great trip!

Archived