What Do You Know About Huatulco???

K8sMom

We just returned from Huatulco on our Panama Canal Trip 10/3-10/17. We did some shopping at the handicraft market 1 block up from peir. Prices were a little bit better than Cabo or Acapulco but not as low as Puntarenas or Cristobol Peir. The water is beautiful and warm. We were going to have a taxi take us to a nice beach for the rest of the day. But the beach right next to the peir was nicer than I thought it would be. You could sit at shaded lounge chairs as long as you ordered some drinks. I would recommened this stop for a nice beach day without having to spend much at all. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the links, vickie bernie.

We just booked our Panama canal cruise for May and I wanted to do some research on our ports ahead of time.

VikkiGarcia, are there lots of shops in the area around the pier?

Thanks.

rainy: The handicraft market 1 block up from the peir had about 40 stalls. Directly at the peir was a row of about 8 free standing "fancier" stores.

dennis: I think Coronas were about $2. Cokes $1. The waiter runs a tab so I don't know the specific breakdown. I think our group had 2 margaritas, 2 Coronas, 3 Cokes, and 2 mexican apple sodas, maybe more... I know our tab was under $20. For that we got 3 lounge chairs, one umbrella, all those drinks and 3 hours of playing at the beach. A cheap day for us. The handicraft market seemed to have less of the mass produced "junk" we found in the other ports. A lot of items that actually said Huatulco on them and the year. Some leather work items that they would personalize,and people who were proud to show you the items they crafted themselves.

Archived