MSC Fantasia

DTL

Hi, this is my first post here, and small announcement, that we booked our first lifetime crise, on MSC fantasia from 5/1/09.

Small question, about excursions. What to expect, prices etc.?

Route is Genova, Barcelona, Gibraltar, Funchal, Madeira, Tenerife, Arrecife, Malaga, Civitavecchia, Genova, 12 days/11 nights.

Thaks for every advice. :)

Congratulations! I'm pleased for you.

Heinbloed has started a roll call thread here.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=752152

I'm sure he'll be pleased to have company. He is a very knowledgeable poster so I'm sure he'll be able to help you with all your port questions.

You can find the excursions & prices on the MSC website. If no excursions are showing for 2009, the 2008 ones will give you a general idea and prices.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/shore-excursions/descriptions

I tend to look at the excursions from several lines + use google & these boards extensively to plan my ports. We usually either 'do' the ports ourselves or book private tours & taxis. Loads of info on the Med board here:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234

Any other questions after you have digested all this, just ask & welcome to the boards. :)

Thank you very much for your great answer. :)

Reading through the forum I noticed two books, which maybe can be helpfull.

It's "Insight Guides Mediterranean Cruises (Insight Guides)" by Brian Bell, Tom Le Bas & Lesley Gordon , and "Mediterranean by Cruise Ship: The Complete Guide to Mediterranean Cruising" by Anne Vipond. I found very different reviews abouth both of them on Amazon, so question is, which you prefer?

Thanks

Hi DTL,

I really don't know the answer to this one. I have the DK eyewitness guide. It's fine as far as it goes, but covers some ports in more depth than others & some are hardly included at all. My advice would be to try to get them from the library first & check them out. If you feel you would really like one, go ahead & buy, if not just make a few notes or photocopy a couple of pages to keep.

You can get a lot of info online, including large sections from Frommer's guides & Rick Steves, as well of course from this site. Read the relevent boards, & also reviews, not just from MSC, but any other line which covers the same port. Odds are some-one has done your ports thoroughly at sometime & has a lot to share.

I had to smile..I've just checked the UK site...& of course the Fantasia sailings are still not showing yet..typical. :rolleyes: :)

Archived