Confused with OBC with RC credit card

Hey all,

Just called Bank of America today.

In just 7 months hubby and I racked up enough points for $600 in certificates. Ordered them today. They said allow 10-14 days, but they will probably come sooner. Then we need to send them in and get $600 off our cruise. For a first time cruise, which I have dreamed about for several years, you sure can't beat this!!

Plus we hope to get a few more points racked up before we sail in November and have a little more in OBC.

We are (for the first time) transferring our reservations to an online TA in a few days to get more OBC. How does this impact the process of redeeming our Visa points? Do we mail in the certificates to our TA, who in turn would send them on to RCL? If it is last-minute, do we call our TA? This is our first attempt at using Visa points.

We are (for the first time) transferring our reservations to an online TA in a few days to get more OBC. How does this impact the process of redeeming our Visa points? Do we mail in the certificates to our TA, who in turn would send them on to RCL? If it is last-minute, do we call our TA? This is our first attempt at using Visa points.

Once you receive your certificates, you can call the RCI Coupon Redemption center at 1-888-305-4626, give them your booking number and your certificate numbers and tell them how you want them applied. Then fill out the certificates, MAKE A COPY, and send to the address shown on the front as confirmation to the information supplied over the phone.

You do not have to get your TA involved with certificates from RCI Visa points.

This is interesting to read. I have already received a certificate that was sent in to be applied towards OBC. My TA has confirmed that this is done. I have more points accumulated since then, and i may have enough for another $50.00 OBC soon...

If I sail August 9th, how late can I request the next certificate?

I have been told by more than one person that you can call in your certificate numbers, then follow up with mailing them in.

I used mine for the first time on my upcoming cruise in August. I followed all the advice given here regarding redemption and using the correct "words". VISA gave me the certificate numbers, I called RCCL at 888-305-4626. A very helpful gentleman, took the numbers, applied the OBC and sent me an updated invoice that night showing the OBC. I had one for $50 and one for $150. He told me to mail the certificates, I asked if I should send them return receicpt, and he said no, not to worry. It was very easy, very simple. But, I did call with the #'s, I did not wait for the certificates.

I used mine for the first time on my upcoming cruise in August. I followed all the advice given here regarding redemption and using the correct "words". VISA gave me the certificate numbers, I called RCCL at 888-305-4626. A very helpful gentleman, took the numbers, applied the OBC and sent me an updated invoice that night showing the OBC. I had one for $50 and one for $150. He told me to mail the certificates, I asked if I should send them return receicpt, and he said no, not to worry. It was very easy, very simple. But, I did call with the #'s, I did not wait for the certificates.

I did the exact same thing - called the phone number that a few of you posted and read the CSR my confirmation numbers. He said my OBC would show up in about 24 hours :cool:

Archived