Caribbean Princess Engine Problems

David21

When I called Princess customer service to ask about if they updated their bedding, she told me it is scheduled for drydock, this Dec. 08. Hope that helps you out. I have a co worker who took the same cruise I am taking, July 28th and he said the ship is beautiful and you wouldn't know there is a thing wrong with anything. So I am looking forward to it.

My bed was very comfortable. I think it is the drop down beds that are the problem now.

We were on this cruise as well. Everyone was credited $75 per person for the inconvience. We did make it to all of our ports and they did extend our stay in PR to make up for the late arrival. We had to leave Bermuda at 6pm or we would not make it to New York Harbor when the harbor master had the ship scheduled to arrive. Princess did their best. They even flew someone into San Juan to fix the engine. You could not tell we were going a few knots less then normal. It was a great cruise and I would highly recommend Princess to any one who wanted to take a cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

When does this ship dry dock? I am sailing it in Oct, hope it can atleast move by then, ha,ha, Trust me the laughingis only on the outside, I ahve been wanting to due this New England/Canada Cruise for years,guess I will pray that they figure out tehre problem and miraculously fix it for everyones sake,

When does this ship dry dock? I am sailing it in Oct, hope it can atleast move by then, ha,ha, Trust me the laughingis only on the outside, I ahve been wanting to due this New England/Canada Cruise for years,guess I will pray that they figure out tehre problem and miraculously fix it for everyones sake,

Jan 09. :)

Is the problem causing the oct 26th repo cruise from not having shore excursions to book 84 days out?

Not sure - the itinerary or our cruise include ports Princess doesn't usually call on (St. Kitts and Antigua). Therefore, it is likely that contracts for tour operators are not in place. They will not post the shore excursions until ALL of the ports have tours contracted. ALso - I have heard hta tin the past, tours on some cruises weren't open until after final payment which is Aug. 12th on this cruise.

We are scheduled for the October 19th 2008 7 days cruise from Ft Lauderdale to the Caribbean. When is the Caribbean Princess going into drydock? Does anyone know if the itinerary will be changed? Has the engines be fixed since they had their earlier problems?

I will be onboard the Caribbean Princess for 7 days starting 10/19/08 from New York City to New England/Canada!:o Does the CB exist in parallel dimensions?

I'm saying that somebody says that they are going to the Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess at the same time I am going to New England/Canada on the Caribbean Princess. I am wondering how that is possible....perhaps the ship, The Caribbean Princess, exists in parallel dimension to allow that to happen!:)

Our is on the Carribean Princess oct 12th-19th, New England/Canada, ours is the 2nd run of that area, I figured the ship did the carribean thru Sept then headed north for a month of the NE coast then their repositioning, is that how it works? I don't have time to check it out this am, off to work, like I said I just pray it keeps on moving for all of us future travelers till they get it in dry dock and correct the issu,e we got our packet yesterday from them.

I am out on the Caribbean Princess on the 24th August - as we are only up the coast to Canada / New England may be it won't be too bad. Let's hope!

Hi madmacs! There are quite a few of us on the August 24th cruise

come say hello on the Roll Call

We are having a meet and greet at Skywalkers - the first sea day, August 25th at 11:00am. :)

Look I was on the July 10th cruise and yes the boat was slower and yes they reduced some hours time off of each port but the ship is fine. At various times during the voyage the ship did 20.5 knots which is still moving pretty good. It is not a floundering ship in the water. As a matter of fact the whole cruise was great. The food is above average, the service was fine. You get two shows a night by going to the explorers lounge for a 45 minute show and then dinner if you have the late seating and then to the main theater for the late show. Early seaters also can see both shows. So in effect your night is booked. The ship is still in pretty good shape and no real visible signs of wear are obvious. The specialty restuarants were also very good and well worth the surcharge. The AC problem was noticed a few nights. Was strange as it was never the same place. The theater one night was a little warm but not hot. The elevators at times were a little warm. I am sure it has to do with the generator issue. If your booked on the ship this year don't worry about it. It's not going to be a deterrent to having a great time.

Steve

I'm sailing on the October 19th NE\Canada cruise on CB. I am hoping that the cooler climate and the closer proximity of the ports will make the problems less noticable. What do you all think?

I think you are right :)

Archived