WW Cruise Food

4Suzyq

Hi--we leave for our cruise on Friday. Do you have any ideas for easy travel WW friendly foods. I don't want to take much, but thought it would be a good idea to bring a few things for safe snacking. I use FF half & half in my coffee, so thought I would bring a container of it with me and keep it in the mini frig. I don't care for the fake stuff RC uses. Sorry if this has been asked in the past. I plan to enjoy the cruise food and alcohol, but would like to cut back when I can.

The only thing I'm thinking about taking is salad dressing. I know, I can just use oil & vinegar, but I love the others too. My favorite right now is the Kraft Light Asian Toasted Sesame dressing. Other than that, I'm also thinking about switching to Core while on my cruise so I don't have to keep up with counting points.

One thing I sometimes take on cruises or other trips is sugar-free hard candies. They are easy to pack, and help me resist those tea time sweets or late night cookies.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Jan

My Dh is into bodybuilding so he often takes low carb no sugar protein bars with him on trips, i like to take sugar free candy and i just found these http://www.sensiblefoods.com/ at a local store and i know i will be taking them with me on a trip, so yummy. I am not affiliated with them by the way, just found they are perfect for snacking or also a sugar free popcorn! yumm, they have caramel, chocolate and lemon flavors

I second the protein bars. I lost my weight using the WW principles (never actually joined) several years ago, and ever since that time, I am a huge protein bar fan. I took them on both cruises for us to eat during the days off the ship, (my son loves them as well) and in fact I take them on every trip we go on. If you have not tried them lately, you should. There are many many delicious, healthy bars out there that can keep you on target when faced with less-than-healthy food options. Zone Perfect, South Beach and Pria are some of my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...
Several people mentioned switching from Flex to Core for the cruise....has anyone tried that? Did it work?

I think that is a great idea to switch while on the cruise. I know that since I have gotten used to eating within my points - I notice that I do get fuller faster. With this in mind - maybe I won't do so bad on my next cruise.

Archived