Coffee Card

itstimeforacruise

You say that you have to pay 15% tip? How does the tip work? When do you pay it? Where would I purchase it?

The 15% tip is added when you purchase the card. I know you can buy the card at the coffee bar, but there are probably other places as well.

How many "punches" does it cost for a latte and how many "punches" does it cost for a cappuchino please?

Brewed coffee is $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$25 (+ gratuity) buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the Cafe and other bars that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not tme limited. If there are punchouts remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

Houston, Texas

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not tme limited. If there are punchouts remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

Houston, Texas

Does that mean that if you left one punchout and carried it on to the next cruise, that you could have free brewed coffee until the end of the second cruise?????? This means that a coffee card for me could be a lifetime purchase :)

Does that mean that if you left one punchout and carried it on to the next cruise, that you could have free brewed coffee until the end of the second cruise?????? This means that a coffee card for me could be a lifetime purchase :)

We always keep one punch remaining on the card and use it for brewed coffee. If you use the last punch they will not accept it for free brewed java. We purchase and use a new card on all trips for specialty coffees, but keep the one punch card as backup. Its getting a bit tattered and so on the next trip we'll hasve to designate a new card for saving.

Just returned from a week on the Sapphire. I bought the Princess coffee travel cup for $7.95 and refilled it several times a day at the Horizon Cafe for free. They also filled it free on the train. Coffee was ok, not Starbucks, but good enough.

Have it laminated.:p

Yankeefan,

they charge for brewed coffee -- you can get their free "standard" coffee in the buffets and restaurants. The difference to me is great, like someone else said previously the non-brewed stuff is made from a concentrated syrup and to me it's got a weird heavy taste.

Try the free coffee first, if you like it then save your $$$ for bar drinks instead of a coffee card, but if you don't (and you don't want to take a mini Mr. Coffee on board like we do) then buy the card.

We get the coffee card AND bring our minipot onboard since there are days you just don't want to run down to deck 5 (or whatever) in your jammies to have coffee on the deck in the morning :D !

minibrewers are about 15 bucks at WalMart and pack amazingly well -- we've taken ours on at least three cruises/vacations and had great luck. A benefit, if you're running short on luggage space you could throw it in as a bonus tip to your cabin steward (we haven't done this but have spoken to others who have and they say they're very well received!)

A benefit, if you're running short on luggage space you could throw it in as a bonus tip to your cabin steward (we haven't done this but have spoken to others who have and they say they're very well received!)

I am glad you said "as a bonus tip". I don't think they would appreciate it in lieu of cash :D

Love your avatar! What a cutie.

Yankeefan,

they charge for brewed coffee -- you can get their free "standard" coffee in the buffets and restaurants. The difference to me is great, like someone else said previously the non-brewed stuff is made from a concentrated syrup and to me it's got a weird heavy taste.

Try the free coffee first, if you like it then save your $$$ for bar drinks instead of a coffee card, but if you don't (and you don't want to take a mini Mr. Coffee on board like we do) then buy the card.

We get the coffee card AND bring our minipot onboard since there are days you just don't want to run down to deck 5 (or whatever) in your jammies to have coffee on the deck in the morning :D !

minibrewers are about 15 bucks at WalMart and pack amazingly well -- we've taken ours on at least three cruises/vacations and had great luck. A benefit, if you're running short on luggage space you could throw it in as a bonus tip to your cabin steward (we haven't done this but have spoken to others who have and they say they're very well received!)

Had to chuckle at the thought of leaving my mini-coffee maker. I bought it about 20 years ago when they charged about $40 for them. It's been all over the world with me -- a regular testament to travel and caffeine addiction.

Tee

brew coffee is free in dinning room and coffee make from syrup is available for free in Horizon court ( buffet ). water & fruit punch are free !

The coffee in the dining room is not brewed coffee. And sorry, but Princess does not offer fruit punch, you might be confusing them with another cruise line. ;)

The coffee in the dining room is not brewed coffee. And sorry, but Princess does not offer fruit punch, you might be confusing them with another cruise line. ;)

Toto is correct, the dining room coffee is also syrup based.

For some reason I find the dining room coffee to be more palatable than HC's. I don't know the exact reason. It's possible the kitchen staff occasionally cleans their coffee machine. :p

Returned on July 9th from the Baltic Cruise on the Crown. We were told coffee card was not available on that cruise.

Wondering if a staff member gave us the wrong info.

Irene

Rule of life: If you don't like the first answer, always get (at least) a second opinion.

Thank you largin for the fast reply!! Good coffee makes the $15 seem like a bargain. I thought i read on here someplace on here that the card is good for another cruise if its not punched all the way. Is that still the case?

Am I the only one who thinks that having to PAY extra for something that should taste good already is just nuts ?!?!!!! Why the awful syrup anyway? Seems like most people find this syrup stuff nasty:(

Archived